• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

4.2 update coming...

Engaged ,
Sep 25, 2009 Sep 25, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey kids - just read this and thought I'd pass it along...good news indeed.

http://provideocoalition.com/index.php/adobe/story/matrox_and_other_3rd_party_i_o_vendors_with_cs4/

AVC-I native support...it's finally here. And after I just bought an EX3....

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Sep 25, 2009 Sep 25, 2009

Shucks, I don't get to break the news on anything anymore...

Premiere Pro 4.2 does in fact add AVC-I and offers some additional fixes too.  Should be out soon.

Regards,

Dennis

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 212 Replies 212
Oct 28, 2009 Oct 28, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I love baseball (Mets fan).

"...And the pitch...."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(Mets fan)

Yep! Life-long, even after they traded Tom Seaver... I eventually got over it (I was a kid!). 1986 sure helped!

Oooo! 4.2 is going to be our Game 6! Do we start calling you Ray Knight when the update leaps onto home plate?? lol!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 29, 2009 Oct 29, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"...And the pitch...."

I don't get it...how about some details on the 4.2 update?  Bug fixes?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I like what CS4 has become finally, but how come every update is consistantly late. Every one. There was supposed to be a middle of the month video about what was in the update with the update coming by the end of the month. Why even announce a date when you guys can never carry through with it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dradeke, please tell me does 4.2 update will solve this?

From Mainconcept site and about MainConceptâ„¢ MPEG Proâ„¢ HD 4,

* Smart rendering is not available under current Premiere Pro CS4 releases, because of a defect in its plug-in API. Future updates of Premiere Pro CS4 and MPEG Pro HD 4 will solve this.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know - sorry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dennis,

Can you tell me if After Effects will get an update along side the one for Premiere?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not that I'm aware of - I don't know of any updates to After Effects.

Dennis

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

People using red was hoping that the updates would make the latest red plug in compatuble...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Josh,

There are a lot of responses or ways to respond here to this.  The easiest one is probably just to say 'we're working as hard and as fast as we can'

Another that might be more amusing and insightful would be - We don't tell you (like every other software company) that an update is coming and then you install it, not knowing if it will fix a given issue or create new ones.  One day, surprise(!) there's an update.

We'd rather be forthcoming with information, admit when things slip a bit and be proactive in our communications wherever possible.  We believe that this fosters customer loyalty and makes for happy users.  I hope you agree.  I also can acknowledge your frustration - we're juggling a lot of things right now and EVERY one is important.  However, we're basically 100% there so my hope is that it will get out in the next few days.

As for 'every' release being late, I would respectfully disagree.

Regards

Dennis

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With all due respect, I appreciate the open line of communication from Dennis. If Adobe said nothing at all, we'd complain even more. To gripe that a certain date was not met on a major program update shows a bit of a lack of understanding on what goes into a complex program. It's nearly impossible to provide a future date for software releases, because a truckload of small things pop up all the time especially during compatibility testing. Would we rather that Adobe programmers just gloss over these things just to hit a date? No way, I'd rather have it right instead of fast. I develop software for a living, and we consistently provide unrealistic dates just to satisfy the expectations of the VPs that are hollering to have a date. It's just the nature of the process, good software takes time. Hang in there, it'll come, and FWIW, the end of the month isn't actually here yet. 

We have a saying in the industry: "Programs written fast, cheap and good. Pick two."

-PD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Paulie -- Thanks for the understanding and support.

Josh --- Blame me. I'm the guy pushing for the "Lots of features, with high quality, and by date X" ;-).

In all seriousness though ..... My belief is that we make the best software when we work closely with you, talking a lot about what you need, and listening hard, then being as open as we can about what we're going to do and by when. It's part of why I wanted us to do Resource Central --- so we can put information right into the product, and to be able to have dialogue with you right there ..... for now just via the surveys we post and ask users to fill out .... one day though I want a "Dear Adobe" box so you can shoot me an idea / vent a frustration right there.

Of course the downside of being open is that we either have to choose to be less open and not tell you what we're shooting for, or risk that we're not 100% accurate on dates because we will move the date to get the update right.

On the bright-side ---- if you prefer the industry standard approach of keeping you in the dark you can just ignore the information we choose to share <grin>.

Question --- would it be easier for you if we didn't give any guidance and just said that we're addressing your issues and will let you know when it ships ? I've believed that this would be more frustrating because you wouldn't know if we meant "coming this month" or "coming in 20 months" ...... Let us know !

Thx !

Simon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First off, not to say Josh is wrong, but I don't remember previous updates being late because as far as I remember we were never given dates before. The last update was supposed to ship in late May - didn't it drop May 31st? That would technically be "late May".

As for Adobe announcing dates and keeping we users updated, PLEASE keep doing it. It's great. So you're a little late with the update - big deal. If it means getting a more complete update with more and better fixes, then I'm happy to wait...I don't want something that causes new bugs or problems. Would I like it now? Sure! But then.  I'd like CS5 right now too!

Now, if you're pushing it back to late June or July then I might be a little upset, but what can I do. But if you're telling us it's just another week or so - fine by me. Get it right is all I ask. Drop it when it's ready.

It seems like you all at Adobe are really trying to be more open with we PPro users, and for that I say thank you - it's something many of us have been waiting for.

On a side note - anyone else notice this thread has had over 11,300 views...holy crap! That must be some sort of record!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

4.0.1 update was promised late october '08 (remember it was missing missing OMF, FCP xml import, AAF - things that were already in the help manual and were listed as new features before CS4 came out) then finally came November 20th. Two months after the software release.

The AE 4.0.2 update was late because of Red issues.

Your right, I forgot they made 4.1 update by the last day of the month. Remember when we were checking every day and (was it you?) someone found the update on the server a couple days earlier.

However the number of views on this thread means that there are people checking almost daily for the update or any clues about what it contains. I agree I'd rather have software working even if it is late and I REALLY LIKE THAT WE ACTUALLY ADOBE RESPONSES ON THE FORUM. I really like this and don't give

Just imagine if you told a paying client that you have a project done 'by the end of the month' then didn't produce it because there were problems on your end. Aren't we paying clients to Adobe? It's not like we won't find out about the upgrade. Every forum and post website prints the press release when the Adobe updates come in.

Sorry for being/sounding negative but this stuff gives me update-blue-balls. Sad thing is 90% of the people looking forward to the update don't care about FCP export or intra-avc support. Were more curious about bug fixes, yet we come by the thousands wondering when the update will hit.

Sorry to give the one Adobe employee with the cajones to post here a hard time. Your presence is really appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aren't we paying clients to Adobe?

Not really Josh, we are paid clients to Adobe. Updates are free. They don't have to push out updates at all. They can simply wait for the next upgrade if they wanted to. I'm not saying that's realistic or a good business model, I'm just clarifying that Adobe isn't under a date contract with any of us for an update; they don't owe us anything. Years ago, fixes by software companies were only released in paid upgrades. I may be stoonahd, but I see a good amount of proactivity here. Besides, there's a very good reason if we're still waiting for the coveted update: It isn't ready!

I'm not trying to nitpick or start an argument, I'm really not, but if someone were to draw a conclusion from your posts, they have to surmise that the Premiere/AE team are a bunch of smoke-blowers who can't deliver anything, EVER, and they're just scamming all of us poor defenseless schmucks. Somehow, I don't believe that you think that!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's hoping I'll finally be able to EXPORT HDV back to tape!!!!!! 

Frustrated Les In Vancouver Canada

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not to mention HDV preview...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tclark513 wrote:

Do you mean preview during HDV capture?  If so, not going to happen in 4.2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dradeke ... can YOU tell me what settings I need to use to export back to either a Z1-U camcorder or HVR-M15AU deck???

Cuz I cannot export to either?????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In a word, no...

Because, though I have a Z1U camera, I travel frequently and have been on the road for the better part of three weeks.  I would have Harm or Hunt or whoever replied to you be able to give you the answer.  They DO it all the time and can hopefully provide you what you need.

I'm lame also because though I know the product quite well, I never focus on export to tape because of the recent move to tapeless and so never do it.  If I get the chance, I will try to do it and report on the settings.

Best,

Dennis

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dradeke wrote:

tclark513 wrote:

Do you mean preview during HDV capture?  If so, not going to happen in 4.2.

Will it ever happen?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes from what I know currently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stromguy, Hi I have been able to export to tape with z1, but only in HDV project and the camera is set for HDV "not auto". You may have to do a bit more trail and error with the settings on your camera.

I am little disapointed in not having preview while capturing HDV, I use HDVsplit for capturing it has preview and I don't get audio lag that seems to happen in cs4 capture.

regards fred.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey tclark ....

Are you able to export back to HDV tape?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines