Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

4K Arri Footage in 1080p Timeline Won't Display When Paused or Render

New Here ,
Jan 03, 2020 Jan 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Howdy All - 

I've got a render issue dealing with some 4K AlexaMini footage (PR4444) in a 1080p timeline. Basically certain unrendered clips will display in my Program Monitor as well as an external monitor through a UltraStudio4k *while playing*, but if I pause, I'll instead get a black screen on both. Again, it's only certain clips and all the clips were shot with the same camera, same day.

Additionally, if I render the sequence out, the clips that show as black while on pause render out as black as well (the entire clip, not just certain frames). This occurs when I have my General Renderer setting set to either Metal or OpenCL, but the problem does not occur when I'm set to Mercury Playback Engine Software Only.

I've experienced this issue on two separate machines with the footage on a network as well as with footage linked to a local drive.

Machine A:

MacPro (Late 2013)

2.7 GHz 12-Core Intel Xeon E5

64 GB 1886 MHz DDR3

AMD FirePro D700 6144 MB

macOS 10.13.6

Machine B:

iMac Pro (2017)

3 GHz Intel Xeon W

64 GB 2666 MHz

Radeon Pro Vega 64 16368 MB

macOS 10.13.6

Problem solving progress so far:

If I toggle my 1920x1080 sequence to be 3840x2160 (which happens to be the native resolution of the footage), the issue is solved. This is true regardless of the codec selected for video previews (based on trying a few different codecs). I'd like to keep working in 1080p though, so simply working in the 4K timeline is not really a solution. I've been working with 4K+ footage from various cameras (including Alexas) in 1080p timelines for years and haven't run into this before.

I've also tried deleting all my video preview files and recreating them but the same issue occurs.

This occurs in both v13.1.5 and v14 versions of Premiere.

Thanks in advance for any help!

-Sean-

TOPICS
Error or problem , Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2022 Apr 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Saw this one from two years ago.

Kicking it up the ladder so maybe someone had found a sollution

and is willing to share his experience.

Thanks in advance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines