Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

59.94 fps with 30.0 fps sync issue

Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2017 May 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

I have a project with a 59.97 fps main window and 30.0 fps overlay, and right now in order to maintain proper sync between the two, I have to cut 3 frames every 50 seconds.

Is there a function within premiere that does this automatically?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 14, 2017 May 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

a 59.97 fps main window and 30.0 fps overlay

Huh?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2017 May 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry 59.94

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 18, 2017 May 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The numbers weren't the source of confusion.  Windows and overlays don't have frame rates.  Clips and sequences do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 26, 2017 May 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right, so it was the clips and sequences. Do you have a real answer for this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have a real answer for this issue?

I still don't understand the issue.  You've not explained it in a way that I grasp.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: I have attempted to user interpret footage to change the clip to 29.97, but the clips still get out of sync after sync them up earlier in the timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you haven't understood by now, I'm not wasting my time. Thanks for wasting what you already have.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for being blunt but I am also trying to rectify an administrative issue we are having where the update to Acrobat 11.0.20 fails with 1603; this has been a persistent issue with the Acrobat installer for over two years and no one from Adobe can provide a solution still. It seems every time I come here for any kind of help Adobe related, I just get frustrated.

Thanks for your attempt at helping.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I have not made it clear for anyone else who might have a solution:

I have a simple project with two clips. One is 59.94 fps, the other is 30.0 fps. The timeline\sequence is set to 59.94 fps. These clips are two angles of the same scene which should be in sync. When I sync them up at the start of the timeline, as the timeline progresses the 59.94 fps clip will gradually "drift" out of sync (it will become "late" as opposed to the 30.0 fps clip).

I could be wrong, but I believe the reason for this is due to the extra .06 frames every second gained by the 30.0 fps clip. To compensate for this, I did the math out and it comes out to having to delete 3 frames on the 59.94 clip every 50 seconds (this is because .06 * 50 =  3). I know my math is right, because when I do this, the clips will stay in sync for the entirety of the sequence over which I have manually deleted the 3 frames every 50 seconds.

I have tried using the "interpret footage" function within Premiere to change the 30.0 fps clip to 29.97. However the clips still fall out of sync in the same way.

I am hoping there is a way within Premiere to do this automatically. I have looked into scripting the deletion of the 3 frames every 50 seconds, but apparently Premiere does not support scripting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 27, 2017 May 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might be screwed here.

In my own tests with 23.976 and 24, I discovered they are different frame rates, and that difference does show up.  The only solution I found was to make sure all media is shot at the same timebase.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 27, 2017 May 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am sorry that no one has been able to help you with this.  I suspect that part of the problem is that when you place a 30 FPS clip on a 29.97 timeline the software automatically adjusts the frame rate altering the duration. ( Perhaps the moderator can confirm that this is the case).  I know that you have tried the Speed/Duration effect without success, but if you use the Duration function you should be able to solve the problem.

I assume that your two clips have synch sound. If so I suggest the following.

On the 59.94 timeline, place the 59.94 FPS clip on Video 1 and Audio 1.

Pace the 30 FPS clip on Video 2 and Audio 2

Pull the head of the clips into synch using the clapper board or opening dialogue.  Trim up to the clapper/front synch point across all four tracks.

Go to the end of the material and the closing dialogue.  Pull into synch moving only the 30 FPS clip and trim across all four tracks.

Note the exact duration of the 59.94 FPS clip.

Go back to the head of the material and pull the 30 FPS clip back into synch with the head of the 59.94 FPS clip.

Select the 30 FPS clip and right click to select the Speed/Duration option.  Enter the exact duration that was noted above and then choose Optical flow.

Go to the end of the material and everything should line up exactly.  You may find that you are still one or two frames out.  If so, hit Control (Command) Z to undo the Duration change and redo the Duration change as above adding or subtracting the frame errors to the noted duration.  In this way the two clips should line up exactly. 

I would render the effect or even export the 30 FPS clip as 59.94 FPS and re-import it before further editing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines