• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

59.94p Recorded AVCHD video previews as 29.97fps

Explorer ,
Sep 22, 2019 Sep 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to import AVCHD video shot at 59.94p into Premiere Pro CC.   When I select the video using Media browser (the correct way to import AVCHD in order to have multiple files connected together) for viewing in the Source window, I can only view it as 29.97fps video.  If I import it that way and then view it in the Source window, the same think happens. 

I am trying to set the IN point on one of the 59.94 frames in order to better sync with externally recorded audio, but the Source window only allows selecting the IN point at 29.97fps increments.  If I import just one MTS file, then the Source viewer allows viewing at 59.94fps which is the recorded frame rate.   How can I get the Source window to view Media browser imported AVCHD files at 59.94fps?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right click on the clip in the Project Panel and choose Modify > Interpret Footage and under Frame Rate check the "Assume this frame rate" and set it to 59,94 and click OK.

Most of the times Premiere Pro get the correct fram rate of the imported clips but sometimes it fails and the Interpret Footage is the way to go. You can select let´s say 100 clips and change all 100 clips at once.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much! I checked the frame rate under Modify and it was already seeing 59.94. However, under Modify, there was also an option to change how Time Code is displayed for the clip. It was set to 29.97 DF. When I changed it to 59.94 DF, that solved the problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great that it solved the problem. I have never being forced to change the Time Display Format. One learn something new every day. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
FYI, this was only a problem with AVCHD (MTS) files. MP4 files imported correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines