• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

8 months of flawless editing ended today..what happened??

New Here ,
Nov 06, 2018 Nov 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ASUSTek Computer

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz

installed RAM: 12 GB

Sys Type: 64 bit OS, x64-based processor

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 version 23.21.13.8873

Premiere Pro CC v 13.0.1

Hello!

After 8 months of making videos with PP CC today that all came to a halt.  Clips will import "fine", but once they're in their bins and I attempt to double click them and begin scrubbing through....they either freeze with the audio continuing or the video itself will play a few seconds then "loop" back to the beginning repeatedly.  It's as if my computer suddenly was 20 years old and cannot support the software.  I am not a computer wiz, so I apologize for the ignorance.  Things I have tried since experiencing this happen this afternoon:

-Cleared the cache (held alt button while starting up software)

-updated my video card driver

-updated my Premiere software to the newest version (2019)

-moved the media to my D drive, which has 700 GB free space

-Windows 10 is already updated to latest version

-Started completely new projects to start over and test after each attempted change/update

-restarted software and computer several times

This may sound like 1000 other posts from people just starting with PP that simply have the wrong computer to run it, but again I stress I've never had an issue until today, 8 months of video production on this computer prior to that.  I am using NO new or fancy camera equipment or settings.  (1080p video from an Iphone 8)

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Nov 07, 2018 Nov 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

quick question: what type of footage is coming from your iPhone 8: is it h264 or HEVC (h265). HEVC that has been enabled with some iOS update on iPhone8 might be the cause of your trouble. h265 files are really complexe to decode, whereas h264 files are easier.

Could you try exporting an h264 video and an hevc video from your iphone and see if you still notice some performance issue ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines