• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

A low level exception occured in Adobe Player (Player: 5)

New Here ,
Apr 14, 2020 Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please could anyone help me resolve this. 

Problem: There is no video on Timeline (Screen says 'Media Pending' but there is only Audio

Much obliged

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 20, 2020 May 20, 2020

Hi,

Update your software to Premiere Pro 14.2, or later to be clear of this error. Sorry for the frustration.

Thank You,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 288 Replies 288
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2020 Apr 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guys, Guys Adobe is having issues after issues every single year, and all of us keep losing money, but Adobe keep filling their pockets with our money, while we have to offer discounts to our clients on delays due to their mistakes, I have lost a lot of money cause of that, plus the money I have paid to them over the years, I BIG suggestion to everyone is FIND A NEW SOFTWARE you are comfortable with, start learning it as I did, Soon enough You will be able to quit this company that is careless about all of us. Software recommendation to switch to Davinci Resolve, Free to start I edit Already a couple of Projects on it and no crushes AT ALL.  VERY  soon I will be out of adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes sadly, Adobe has been too much of a let down for far too long.  I've lots days, if not weeks worth of work (and my life) trying to fix problems with Adobe software.  It's the customer service (or lack of it - is there even a means of actually being able to contact them and have a coherent conversation with them?)  that is the annoyance of all.  I've always said that Adobe's arrogance will be the final nail in their business coffin. Yes they may currently have a multi-million pound operation but I can't see that lasting for much longer.  The customers are sick to the back teeth of paying thousands of pounds for software and pledging loyalty over the years and in return receiving bug riddled garbage.  Enough is enough.  I'm switching to alternative software and I'm convincing the university IT department (don't get me started on the endless hassle created by Adobe's ill thought out Educational Enterprise licensing scheme) to take their business elsewhere.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had same problem even with software rendering and found a solution...create a new project and import your old project. That worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The legacy titler triggered this error for me, and now I'm triggered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doesn't the number of people who have this problem indicate how many of us rely on the legacy titler, and how the new titler is not up to par?  If it were better, we would all be using it.  Frustrating when I shell out money and everything seems to get worse all the time instead of the other way around.  Please, someone tell me some feature that since 2015 has gotten better?  Audio sync is marginally better, but Plural Eyes still does a way faster/better job... Hmmmmmmmm.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2020 Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No i think the titler is not the only situation this problem comes up. In my case the app totally froze and after forced quit and restarting it was there. I went back to 14.0.4 and now everything works fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also went back to 14.0.4 untill the problem is solved, works perfect for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just went back to 14.0.4.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This did not work and renders my software absolutely useless. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HazMadt...by rolling back to 14.0.4 made your software absolutely useless?  Or did you turn off the Mercury Playback Engine GPU Acceleration (CUDA) under File/Project Settings/General???

I rolled back to 14.0.4 and all of my essential graphics and the renders work now.  This doesn't mean that your Legacy Titler will work magically again.  But rolling back to 14.0.4, you should be able to render again and use the Graphics Essential panel.

Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2020 Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having another issue. I went back to 14.0.4 and now it crashes on start up. Come on Adobe, let's get your act together! I cannot afford to deal with this constantly. Fix this issue now please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2020 Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only solution that has worked for me is to uninstall the latest update and re-install the previous version. I had to do this with Premier Pro and also with the Media Encoder. These versions work fine. Just make sure you don't update until a newer version is released (i.e. later than version 14.1)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, still no fix to this?  4k (even with tiny proxies) is just a pain to switch in and out of without GPU.  Like many here I am still under deadlines for edits.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you all for the temporary solution to do Software Rendering only - NOT CUDA, I am switching to Adobe Premiere Pro Version 14.1.0 (Build 116) on Windows 10, from Version 13.1.5.

I will re-render and see if I can use the CUDA hardware support afterward.

THANKS!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solution with GPU playback engine

Oh my God, I think I have a workaround where you get GPU playback for this ridiculous error. Here it is. First, update your GPU drivers.

Next, do the Project settings/ General/  Renderer: Mercury playback engine software only CRAP. Playback your sequence.

Go back, while the project is open and put the setting of the Mercury playback engine to GPU. You will get the error but playback and GPU will be accelerated. Voila. Now hurry up Adobe and fix this. Cheers 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2020 Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thumbs Up Sowlobro!

I needed the Studio Driver update 442 published April 16 2020, installed it
and changed back the Project to use CUDA.

I'm exporting and rendering on CUDA again!

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2020 Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks @Trent_Happel worked like a charm!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 01, 2020 May 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This needs to fixed ASAP. It completely breaks the software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Im using an NVIDIA GTX1070
graphics card.

NVIDIA updated the "Studio Driver" release date April 16, 2020, version

This got my Adobe Premiere Pro Creative Cloud 2019 ( ver 13.1.5) working
again. Got rid of the error.

Im finally trying out Premiere Pro version 14.1.

It's also working with the new driver and the CUDA graphics card selected.

But 2020 (version 14.1) is slow, while 2019 (version 13.1.5) is
working fine

I edit 28 1/2 minute videos

2019 renders in 12 minutes (entire file).

2020 renders in 30 minutes
Same video!!!

2019 exported in 20 minutes

2020 exported in 90 minutes

All versiond were set to use Mercury Playback Engine GPU Acceleration
(CUDA) in File -> project settings ->general ->Renderer

Im avoiding PP CC 2020 Ver (14.1) until I can dig into why the dramatic
time increase between the two versions.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

changing to mercury playback engine only worked for a couple days, but this morning its no longer working. all my media is showing as offline, even though if i click on the file in my bin all the media turns up fine.  anyway i just downgraded to 14.0.4 and it did NOT resolve the issue.  on a deadline!  please advise!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry never mind i'm a dope i just needed to relink all my media.  derp. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2020 May 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Instant fix. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe's real suggestion to NOT use a piece of hardware that was speficially purchased for a smoother video editing workflow, is legitamate comedy.

Experiencing the same issue here. I tried going back to previous versions but now premiere just wants to crash whenever i load the project.

Annotation 2020-05-02 132830.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked for me thank you so much 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2020 May 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Massive problem delaying all render ... really needs addressed asap! 😛

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines