• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

A low level exception occured in Adobe Player (Player: 5)

New Here ,
Apr 14, 2020 Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please could anyone help me resolve this. 

Problem: There is no video on Timeline (Screen says 'Media Pending' but there is only Audio

Much obliged

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 20, 2020 May 20, 2020

Hi,

Update your software to Premiere Pro 14.2, or later to be clear of this error. Sorry for the frustration.

Thank You,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 288 Replies 288
Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2020 Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much, this saved the day for me!!! So quick and easy. Much appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2020 Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked for me, thank you Alex!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2020 Apr 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, this really fixed the problem for me. I have been searching like a mad man to find the solution for this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2020 Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it worked!!! thank you!! 🙂  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2020 Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it worked!!! thank you!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2020 Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alex, you just saved my iMac from being thrown out the window. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2020 May 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good looks my guy 👍🏼

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2020 May 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Life Savor Thank you Alex! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2020 May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes it fixed the matter but my rendering comes so slow that it couldnt function on 4k footages with effects.
Is there a fix with CUDA on ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2020 May 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply. It workerd for me. For a few secs I wans't sure what was going on as I didn't change the destination folder of the clips. I looked in google and I came to this page. Solved the problem in 2 seconds. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2020 May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked. Do this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked for me too!!  And saved the day too haha

Thanks a lot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 14, 2020 May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Alex,

Clear and easy. 🙂

I'll look out for the update and bug fix from Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2020 May 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much!! This worked for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 18, 2020 May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the wait, but Premiere Pro 14.2 has just shipped and contains the fix for legacy Titles with GPU Renderer.

What's new and fixed in PPro 14.2:

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/whats-new.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/kb/fixed-issues.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2020 Apr 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you got a solution? I'm on version 14.1.3 and have the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2020 May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me uninstall the Adobe Flash Player solved the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have several questions regarding this "correct answer":

1. Many customers have moved to Resolve; should we consider that a solution too?
  2. Why does Adobe label a feature as "obsolete" when so many users are still using it, which makes it, by definition, not obsolete at all.
  3. Why don't we have a timeline for this fix? Or is the fix considered optional, and so will only come with the scheduled update, whenever it is scheduled for, instead of being pushed to the users as soon as it is ready? And how long can it take to reverse a change from an update, a change that brings nothing new except for a huge bug??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sergiu,

Sorry for the issues. The bug is fixed in 14.2 beta, so a fix is upcoming. Keep in mind that this is a support channel and we have nothing to do with the development of Premiere Pro. Please direct all critiques of development on Uservoice.
To answer your queries:

1. This sounds like you being frustrated, so I hear you, and I apologize for the current frrustration over the bug on "Legacy Titles." Of course, you are free to move to any application you choose, but my advice is to simply switch to the more modern title tools that are meant to make your life easier. Were you aware of them? If not, here you go.
  2. To pass along some info for you: features are declared "obsolete" to give you enough time to move your established workflow to a new one that is provided for you, in this case, the Essential Graphics Panel and associated Title tools. Labeling an effect or tool is essentially a "red flag" put in for users over a number of version to prepare for that eventual change in workflow. It should be no surprise to most that these obsolete features are not tested as thoroughly as they had been in the past, so bugs may lurk, further endangering an established workflow. In my opinion as an editor, it is a calculated risk in using obsolete tools, full stop.
  3. Many people are still using Legacy Titler for a variety of reasons (some quite valid), you might want to ask the product team that same question (with those caveats) here.
  4. A timeline or "date of a fix" is something that Adobe never gives out because of legal restrictions. Sorry. You can see that it is fixed in our public beta and, of course, you have access to that should you like to test out the fix. I think you can assume that a fix in the pipeline for an upcoming version. I hope that gives you some security in knowing a fix is on the way in the shipping product very shortly.
    1. It is difficult for we editors (I'm actually an editor by trade) to understand that releasing fixes as soon as they are solved can be dangerous without a testing and integration phase (hey, just like this crazy virus).
    2. Adobe devs need a little time to test and to integrate the fix into the build. You see, "fixes" in the software biz can potentially break several other features, so there is a lot of care, automated tests, and other protocol that must be followed in order to safely distribute an update to the end users of the software. Furthermore, releasing an advance copy of the software to our prerelease users and receiving crucial feedback from them allows for further fixes and tweaks to the issue.

I hope you don't mind my advice as an editor and not an Adobe support tech:

Speaking as an editor, while it is difficult to change an established workflow, it is never a good idea to continue to use oboslete or legacy tools in your established workflow. Rather than get frustrated against change, it is much better to begin working with these tools meant to replace your existing tools. If there's something the old tool did that you really need in the new tool, it's best to file a bug or feature request here.

For our devs, putting old tools out to pasture and replacing them with new ones happens for a reason, and its done so after exhaustive research, customer interviews, and days and days of testing and approval. That said, I understand that it is difficult to break old habits.

I hope this explains this situation a little more clearly. Good luck.

Thank You,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kevin, if you can share the target release date for 14.2 it might help diffuse some of the frustration in this thread. We’re rightfully annoyed that a dot release fixing this didn’t show up after a day or two. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's against Adobe policy to share dates as they are often a moving target and for legal reasons.

If you're annoyed, I ask that you consider the world of software development is a complicated one, one that you and I are not meant to understand. We must put our trust in these devs.

Much as we don't like bugs in legacy tools, and as many warnings are given to avoid using them, people still use them; human nature I guess. Therefore, I will simply have to ask for your patience on this one issue.

I continue to urge you and others to pull any obsolete tools from your worflow as soon as you can. The Legacy Titler is likely to be history at some point and the Essential Graphics Panel appears to be the future.

Sorry for any frustration you are having on this one.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd really like to thank you and any staff engaging us on this; one would have to be naive to think you yourselves are responsible for the software issues. That being said...

I'd appreciate it being taken into consideration that the answers we are being given aren't in-turn anything within a country *lightyear* of an acceptable excuse to our effected clients/customers; if we were to tell our clients what we're being told here... it would sound just as frustrating to them as it sounds to us.

I'd really like to insist and point out something else; if this next update comes out including anything other than a fix for this issue, I will be highly insulted by the notion that Adobe diverted resources from fixing an exiting software-breaking issue, to developing redundant "features".

The fact that this version of software continues to be pushed and recommended universally to all users is a legitimately harmful and borderline-lazy disgrace.

I'd apprecite if the focus was on fixing the software I paid for, and not adding bells and whistles to an update I can't use.

How Adobe handles this will not be forgotten, even *after* the issue is fixed, whenever that might eventually be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 18, 2020 May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Darren,

I apolgize once more for any convenience with this bug in Legacy Titler

• "one would have to be naive to think you yourselves are responsible for the software issues"
  • "the answers we are being given aren't in-turn anything within a country *lightyear*..."
  • "if this next update comes out including anything other than a fix for this issue..."
  • "The fact that this version of software continues to be pushed and recommended universally to all users is a legitimately harmful and borderline-lazy disgrace."
  • "I'd apprecite if the focus was on fixing the software I paid for, and not adding bells and whistles to an update I can't use."
  • "How Adobe handles this will not be forgotten, even *after* the issue is fixed, whenever that might eventually be."

We in support and as users are only equipped to support and troubleshoot editing problems. Sorry about that! We ask that you copy/paste your complaints to the proper channel so that devs have a chance to react, User Voice. Otherwise, your suggestions simply won't be heard. Thank you.

My advice as an editor in a previous life is to avoid any effects labeled "obsolete," and keep a watchful eye for any UI that has "Legacy" in its name. You do not want to be using these in your current workflow. These are only meant for restoring old projects. Use with caution in any current workflow.

A fix is right around the corner. In the next version, I implore you. Avoid Legacy Titles going forward.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 14, 2020 May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin,

Two things:

First of all, the Essential Graphics tools are a big failure, starting from even the most basic thing: why isn't there any way to "ease the transition", meaning to at least convert all existing "Legacy" titles into the new "Essential Graphics titles"? What if you have hundreds of them, all with various fonts, colors, shadows, etc. Who wants to waste days redoing titles when there's a lot of other work? And this is just the first issue that you encounter when attempting to worc with this "tool", one of too many.

Secondly, we understand that "the world of software development is a complicated one" (not necessarily that "one that you and I are not meant to understand", some of us can be literate in this area too), but there's nothing complicated in rolling back an update. Microsoft does it all the time (screwing with all Windows users is much riskier that with the Premiere ones); all serious developers should be ready to roll back an update if something goes bad. And I can't believe that Adobe devs are so incompetent as to not be able to roll back, but I do believe that there is just too little regard for the paying user, and I feel offended,  just like other users are. Not enough that our requests are not heard (oh, yeah, "Uservoice", the place where suggestions and requests die, together with hope), but even when the software is broken nobody rushes to fix it.

Oh, and let's make a third: Uservoice is just useless, the devs that reply there haven't even aknowledged the bug yet, they are having trouble replicating it, so directing us there sounds like an attempt to get rid of us. Not nice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe forced editors to use the Essential Graphics.  Many do not like it and reverted to the "Legacy" title maker.  I've tried for months to become functional with Essential Graphics and finally gave up and switched to After Effects for titles.  I made the "mistake" of using the Legacy Titler for one simple title and my system locked up.  I lost 2 billable hours of work because Adobe refuses to fix the broken Essential Graphics panel.  Fortunately, other users posted that rolling back to a previous version of Premiere restores functionality in Premiere.  Shame on you, Adobe. Shame.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines