• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Abysmal performance on 2019 Mac Pro tower

Enthusiast ,
Sep 10, 2022 Sep 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm starting a new project on 22.5, Mac Pro 2019 24-core 2.7Ghz running 12.4 Monteray, with 256 GB RAM and Vega II Duo. By all measures, this machine should absolutely shred. But it runs Premiere slower than my M1 laptop. Why?

I've followed all instructions on the "improve performance" Adobe suggestion page. I've cleared cache, which is on my internal SSD drive; I've reset preferences; I've closed all the windows and tools that don't need to be there. And yet, I have to set playback of my FX6 4K footage, which sits on a SSD RAID drive with 6Gbps throughput, to 1/4 res playback, and it still stutters. Scrubbing through timelines is stuttery and laggy.

Don't tell me I need to transcode my MXF footage. Resolve handles it like it's nothing.

I'm incredulous. This is a $10k+ machine. What is going on, Adobe?

TOPICS
Error or problem , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Sep 10, 2022 Sep 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still run Premiere Pro 2021 on a similar Mac Pro and and Intel Macbook Pro without issue. 

As this is a new project would it be possible for you to install Premiere Pro 2021 and see if that solves playback problems?

'22 versions of Premiere Pro have had a number of issues for other users, though it seems mainly M1 Macs.

So I don't have any other ideas.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Sep 12, 2022 Sep 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, funny you should mention, since this post I've rolled back to 2021 and seen a lot of improvement.

I am looking forward to cancelling my CC subscription and moving to Resolve. If this is the kind of result we are to expect from "updates" from Adobe, it's time to switch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines