• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AC3 Codec A52

Explorer ,
Jul 16, 2021 Jul 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working on editing some footage from a DVR of my television station.  Since our main audio feed is AC3 5.1 surround and not stereo Premiere seems to have a problem with this.  It will not accept that first channel and defaults to using the 2nd stereo program identified as Stream 2 on VLAN.

The file is a .mts file and the 1st stream will be the audio I want while the 2nd stream is spanish, or useless in my case as the program I'm editing doesn't use that audio stream.

What can I do here?  We upload this to youtube and even youtube is igorning the audio until it seems that 2nd stream.  Really I just need to trim files so I don't need the editor but that seems to be the only logical step.

TOPICS
Audio , Formats , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 17, 2021 Jul 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean it doesn't show that stream in properties or the Source monitor? Or doesn't apply it on a sequence in a timeline?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premier does not see the first stream at all in the property. I have to open VLC player to see this information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't think Premiere really handles mts files all that well, if I recall correctly. I'm wondering if that is one of the formats that one can simply change the mts to mp4 and Premiere handles it? I know there's a couple formats that folks just change that suffix for.

Would be a quick test ... change the suffix on a file,  try to import it into PrPro.

Hoping someone more adequate to help with this specific question pops in ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines