• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adding a third input file causes CPU to increase to 50% or more.

New Here ,
Jan 22, 2018 Jan 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

When I add a third input file to the project the CPU will increase from 5-6% to 50% or more and all the program windows become sluggish and it's impossible to get any work done. I've not even added any of the inputs to the timeline at this point. This behavior started a couple of weeks ago but I can't determine what on my system has changed to cause this behavior. I'm using a Surface Book 2 i7 8GB with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 discrete GPU w/2GB GDDR5. I can process the same inputs on my MacBook Pro 2016 Touchbar in Mac or PC Boot without any CPU issues. I'd like any suggestions on what to check on the Surface Book 2. I have reinstalled Premiere, updated video card drivers, tried pulling the inputs from an external drive, and deleted the Premiere caches without remedy. I can't figure out why it just sits there at 50% plus CPU just from dropping in that third file.

Thank you,

Donell

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jan 22, 2018 Jan 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Donell,

very diffcult to say what's going on, looks like a weird issue. Could you make a screen recording of you importing the medias into Premiere Pro? Is your CPU usage going up to 50% while importing the same media, or is it always the same every time you add a third element?

What kind of media are you importing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines