Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adding subtitles keeps crashing every click I make

New Here ,
Aug 21, 2022 Aug 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seriously wtf.

I'm just adding subtitles to a video that's not even full HD, and the piece of garbage keeps crashing every click I make, I'm not even joking, every time freaking click I make somewhere, I get the loading circle — please tell me I'm doing something wrong or whatever because I cannot for the love of god figure out why the heck is a task so simple like text over video is such a headacke, seriously if I did it with iMovie I bet I would not be having this issues, honestly the IG algorithim does this in real time and doesn't even flinch!

WHAT HAPPENED TO ADOBE, ESPECIALLY PREMIERE PRO THAT IT JUST BECAME THE WORST PIECE OF TRASH I'VE EVER ENCOUNTERED.

THANK YOU ADOBE FOR KILLING MY PASSION FOR VIDEO EDITING FOREVER!!!

P.S. If you Adobe guys are reading, you need to step your game up; even the suggested topics are things like crash and freeze; how is that even possible? How is it that your community keeps asking for more stable software, and for you all to just ignore it like that is crazy? I just hope another option doesn't eventually appear because I swear to all that is holy, MOST IF NOT ALL of you users will switch over in a heartbeat. Mark. My. Words.

Sorry for the rant sometimes it's just really frustrating, and there's no other way to vent as Adobe never listens and would rather add more useless things to have an excuse to charge more for a forever flawed product.

Mod note: Title has been changed to reflect your problem. Please do not use profanity in Adobe Community posts. We have minors reading here.

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, sometimes all you can do is rant.

What platform/hardware and what version of PR? But this is not a common problem for most users, so I'm going to assume you may be having the following issue.

There are other reports of such problems that I think are M-1 Macs. See this thread and similar:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/premiere-pro-crashes-every-time-i-edit-capti...

If this is your problem, it may be fixed in the Beta, but that's all we know. I have not seen definitive reports on whether the workarounds do the job.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@jonathanc94007865 

There are plenty of experienced users in the community forum who are happy to help and a little courtesy goes a long way.

Sorry to hear you're having trouble in Premiere Pro.  Usually with a few professional workflow tweaks, fast and resposnive editng is possible.

-Warren

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 24, 2022 Aug 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Jonathan,

Sorry about the issue. I have experienced multiple crashes with editing speech to text myself and filed a bug on behalf of the community. The workaround is to edit the text directly in the Program Monitor. That avoided all the crashes after that.

Complaining to the product team is a pretty common thing to see here on these forums. Unfortunately, they may not see your issue as this is a user-to-user forum, except for a few colleagues and me - and we are in support. If you want to give feedback, you can do so here: https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro

I hope this bug gets fixed ASAP. I have my eye on it and am advocating for a fix.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines