Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

adding support for FFV1 and Matroska

New Here ,
Dec 10, 2015 Dec 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I'm working as part of the IETF Working Group, CELLAR, which focuses on lossless audiovisual formats and is standardizing a lossless video encoding, FFV1, and an audiovisual container format, Matroska. The IETF working group charter, timeline, deliverable list and other info can be found the CELLAR working group page. Because of the level of work going into these standards and the small but steadily growing number of users, I wanted to start researching ways about increasing implementations through a mix of either volunteering and/or sponsorship.

From an initial look at the Adobe Import SDK, it seems that FFmpeg could bind with the Adobe SDK to allow import of both formats. I'm looking for advice or resources about developing Adobe plugins for the import/export of these video formats. I would also love to discuss this in more detail with anyone who may have familiarity with both the FFmpeg API and the Adobe SDK in order to get a sense of the level of effort involved.

Thanks much,
Dave Rice

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 01, 2016 Aug 01, 2016

That rumor is laughable.

Anyone who likes can write importer/exporter plug-ins, to support whatever file format they like, even overriding PPro's own handling of those same files.

Advice: Yes, writing FFMpeg-based plug-ins should work.

Resources: Premiere Pro Developer Center | Adobe Developer Connection

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 11, 2015 Dec 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave's enquiry made it to the right team members, for direct integration conversations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Dec 14, 2015 Dec 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a very good and interesting request!

I have also received requests from several institutions (e.g. national A/V archives), asking about FFV1 support in Adobe Premiere.

Looking forward to your answers.

Thanks in advance,

Peter B.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 29, 2016 Jul 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It has now been 8 months since this request got forwarded to the Adobe development team.

I sincerely hope that something good came out of it?

There is a persistent rumor 'on the web' claiming that Adobe has an agreement with Apple about not supporting any standards that Apple doesn't approve of. Hopefully, that is just a rumor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 01, 2016 Aug 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That rumor is laughable.

Anyone who likes can write importer/exporter plug-ins, to support whatever file format they like, even overriding PPro's own handling of those same files.

Advice: Yes, writing FFMpeg-based plug-ins should work.

Resources: Premiere Pro Developer Center | Adobe Developer Connection

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines