• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Media Encoder Audio nightmare.

Participant ,
Nov 27, 2017 Nov 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So Randomly, AME will mess up the audio at exporting (glitches, drifting, fetching different audio???...) and sometime will have drop frames on videos.

The only solution for it is to clean cache and re-export. or to export using Premiere.
The problem is so ridiculous now that today only I had to clean the cache files 5 times.

I have tried several locations for my cache folder to no avail.
It is obvious that it's a caching issue, is someone else having the same issue? is it an update problem? or is it something else?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 27, 2017 Nov 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't recall anyone else reporting this.

What type of media is in use, from what camera?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 28, 2017 Nov 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Various. From Sonys to Canons and Nikons, even DJI. and with both Mp3 and WAV files. it happens on media from camera, or a simple music track.

Media and Camera is not a factor. neither are sequence, project or export settings.

When I have a weird export, all I have to do is clear the cache and re-export, and it's fine. Then It will happen again randomly. Both on my iMac and my MacBook.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 02, 2018 Jan 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to have someone from Adobe weigh in on this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is primarily a user to user service with support from the Product Support staff, not program development.

You mention mp3 ... does this happen on projects where you do not have mp3 files used? PrPro is not designed to work well with mp3. The standard process is to use Audition to convert mp3 to WAV and re-import.

Please test replacing all mp3 on a sequence and after deleting the cache files exporting that sequence.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I mentioned. It happened with both Mp3 and WAV. Again, Media format is not a factor. This issue is happening randomly, specifically at the file cashing level. when it happens, the only way to have a clean export is by clearing the cashe files

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not trying to be pedantic or annoying, but helpful. Which requires rather a fair amount of precision.

Saying it happened with both does not clarify whether it happens without one of them. As there's no way a remote reader like myself can be sure exactly what is meant.

I would expect this behavior as possible, if not probable, on any sequence that has had mp3 files involved unless they were 1) removed and replaced and 2) all audio and video cache files cleared before attempting to export again.

Which is why is asked that specific question, as part of a typical process of elimination. That is the nature of troubleshooting.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 04, 2018 Jan 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Neil, sorry for being unclear. It happened with projects that has multiple audio formats present (file type and/or sample rate) and it also happened with one audio format present regardless of it's type, format or rate.

The only thing in common for all recurrences was that the drifting and drops happens only where an audio transition is present. I prefer to use audio transitions to mix or shorten tracks, to fade in or out and to change the volume of a certain track rather than using keyframes. Weird practice I know, but this is just to say that I cannot tell if this issue affects keyframes as well or only transitions. It seems that it affects transitions only.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Audio transitions are quite useful and heavily used by many, from what I've heard. Others don't have a clue they even exist I think. I've used audio transitions some, but not extensively.

If you take the audio track to Audition, and apply transitions there, returning to the Project in PrPro for other work then export, does that work better? I do know that some of PrPro's audio capabilities ... aren't as good as those of Audition for the same thing.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't really tell. This issue happens really on random. I tried to reproduce it the other day, exporting the same project 30 times with slight differences to insure that audio and video will cache every time instead of taking the existing cache. I could not reproduce the error.

I am trying my best to find a common criteria, the only thing I have so far is my bluetooth headphones as a common criteria and top suspect, but I am not able to reproduce the issue at will.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I prefer to use audio transitions...rather than using keyframes. Weird practice I know

I consider it SOP.  Who the hell would do the extra work of creating keyframes?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines