Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Premiere CC 2018 Video Issue

New Here ,
Jan 10, 2019 Jan 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all,

I have been working on many many sequences inside of Premiere Pro CC 2018 V12.1.2 and I recently built a new machine and installed the same version of Premiere Pro onto it, and when I go to open up the Premiere Pro file on my newly built computer, everything opens up and looks right, except for the fact that the sequence window in Premiere is white and stays white. I can hit the space bar and I can hear the audio playback and watch the playhead move, but no video plays and stays as a white screen inside the sequence window. But other projects brought over from the same computer as this project were transferred and playback just fine.

My computer specs are as follows

CPU: Intel i7-8700K

MOBO: Asus ROG Strix Z390-E Gaming

RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 32GB-3000

GPU: Gigabyte RTX 2070 Windforce Edition

Storage: 1x256GB Sandisk SSD (For Boot and Programs)  &  2x3TB Seagate Barracuda HDD 7200RPM (1 for reading from and 1 for writing to)

Any help is much appreciated!

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make new project and import this one into.

See how that goes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Making a new project and importing it in did not solve it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try an earlier save.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have already tried going back multiple earlier saves without any luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried deleting all your media caches and preview files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2019 Jan 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have deleted all media caches and preview files, recreated both of them. I've also tried uninstalling and reinstalling premiere pro and media encoder. Still no luck. I'm really not sure what the problem could be, but what I do know is that with all the work put into what I have created currently, I definitely cannot just recreate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 11, 2019 Jan 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update nVidia display drivers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2019 Jan 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have updated nVidia drivers, I have also tried uninstalling and reinstalling them, still nothing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 21, 2019 Feb 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi New Bridge ATL,

Please try to switch the Renderer to Mercury Playback Engine Software Only and check if you are getting the correct preview.

FAQ: How to change the Video Renderer in Premiere Pro?

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines