Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Premiere CC slow in response

Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2013 Jun 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I recently upgarded to Adobe Premiere Pro CC and I notice that it is very slow in response and there is like 10 seconds lag for every step I do. I notice my computer goes up to 30 percent of workload. The problem arises when I am going from one sequence to another sequence, it lags or copy something in a sequence and then it lags. I have been using CC for 4 months and I did not have a problems with CS6. But this really annoys me.

My computer specs:

CPU i7-920 3.6gHz OC

48 GB of RAM @ 1466Mhz

Quadro K5000 with latest drivers

5x2TB at RAID 5

250gb OS SSD around 140 free space

120gb SSD - Around 40 free.

My cache drive was 120gB SSD, even I change the cache drive to RAID5 drives, it doesn't make a difference.

Now, when I export to render to Adobe media encoder, it takes 10sec. It used to take a sec to do that with CS6.

Is there something I could change in the settings that would make premiere pro faster in response?

I am looking forward for your reply.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2015 Jul 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem, and I tried to delite the rendered files, this fix the problem!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2015 Aug 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem! i had a windows 7 computer, then got windows 10. it wont even let me play clips, edit clips, or even close out without a HUGE lag. PLEASE HELP. i just downloaded it too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 02, 2016 Aug 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had the lag issue specially when scaling clips in the effect controls panel, just reviewed my cpu overclock settings and lowered them, now everything goes smooth.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 25, 2015 Aug 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue on PP CC(2015). Big projects (timelines) started to be slower and slower in reaction. Especially title clips had terrible lags while trimming or moving. I've exported xml an opened it in CC and it works great. After that i turned of CC cloud application and killed all adobe process i could find in Activity Monitor, CC 2015 started to work as it should.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2016 Jun 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I had the same problem - resolved by deleting the PREVIEW files, closing and re-opening the project.

Also, check your SEQUENCE settings - Try changing you EDITING_MODE from, say for example, "ARRI Cinema" to "AVCHD 1080p" (changing the sequence settings will remove the preview files)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines