• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2015 Audio and Video out-of-sync after upgrading from cc 2014

Explorer ,
Jun 17, 2015 Jun 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everybody

After upgrading to Premiere Pro CC 2015 I'm getting all my video projects locked out with a yellow box (Adobe Player) that says "Audio and video clock out-of-sync at xx:xx:xx.xxx", and all my sequences presents the same issue

Any reason WHY? IT WAS WORKING PEARLS IN CC 2014!!!!

any help is very appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jun 17, 2015 Jun 17, 2015

Ok, since I'm running of time and my boss eye laser is piercing my skull, I had TO ROLL BACK TO CC 2014.2 G*******T!!!!

Fortunately, there is a way OVER HERE: How to Access, Restore or Update to Any Version of Adobe CC Apps | ProDesignTools

do not forget to install the updates after : All Adobe CC 2014 Updates: The Direct Download Links for Windows | ProDesignTools

Lesson of the Day : If you have a Big Project on Premiere, and you are Tempted to update to CC 2015 FOR THE MOTHER OF GOD DO NOT DO THA

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 267 Replies 267
Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2015 Jun 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a follow-up, our project is functioning and exporting correctly and we haven't had any further syncing issues after applying the fix. If we run into any further related issues, I'll update, but so far so good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2015 Jun 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere worked fine before CC 2015, and now we have to jump through all these hoops just to get simple video files to work? This can't be for real Adobe.

I'm only importing still image sequences and I'm getting this garbage. Last I checked, still images don't have any audio attached to them. I'm so livid.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 25, 2015 Jun 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

STAFF: Charles VW Jun 19, 2015 8:30 AM (in response to Motioncraft) wrote:

The entire (internal) library that we use to talk to sound cards changed.  In CC 2014 and before, on Windows it supported ASIO and WDM (and before that ASIO and DirectSound).  This is also true for Soundbooth, which used the same code.  The library that Premiere now uses (called dvaaudiodevice.dll) came from the rewrite of Audition which supports ASIO, WASAPI, and MME on Windows. You'll notice that some of the UI in the Audio Hardware preferences looks closer to the same in Audition.  One big difference is that Premiere Pro doesn't yet support WASAPI which is  the most modern OS audio hardware stack native to Windows (ASIO is a third-party technology).  For various reasons, WASAPI hasn't yet made it over to Premiere in this new library.  A comparison can be found here: Understanding The Windows Sound System | Podcast Promo Institute, but the information is a little bit dated.  Ideally, WDM would have been replaced by WASAPI, but that didn't happen so the fallback is MME.  MME itself isn't bad, other than it does not offer low latency.  However, given the issues that are being reported since the release, it certainly looks bad.  We're still investigating the cause as well as the fix since (to my knowledge) this didn't come up during beta testing.

I hope you fix this soon . . . CC 2015 is totally unusable for me on the Windows platform . . .  thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue over here.  Updated to 2015, migrated a work in progress from 2014 that we've been cutting for months with no issues, and instantly the audio glitches were raining down on us. 

Read through the entire thread here, and implemented the virtual "fix" but that hasn't corrected the issue in the slightest. 

For us, rolling back is not an option as this is a feature with an incredible amount of layers, effects, color work, detailed sound mix, etc... and exporting an xml to retrip into 2014 does not sound like a fun time. 

I can post system info if needed, but this needs to be fixed immediately as we're pretty much at a standstill on further editing/mixing/coloring and ultimately delivery. 

If this isn't fixed soon, we'll surely be ditching Premiere Pro for something else on the next project.  Unacceptable. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ditto, ditto, ditto . . . this is a Major problem for Adobe - and I hope they can fix this immediately . . . otherwise they have really hurt themselves . . . and all of "us" !!  They need to drop everything else that's in their workflow and focus on this mistake of theirs . . . and "help us out!"   PLEASE . . .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue over here.  Updated to 2015, migrated a work in progress from 2014 that we've been cutting for months with no issues....

Please: do not update a complex project file from one major version to the next. See my blog post: Updating and backing up project files: best practices

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 26, 2015 Jun 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hindsight is 20/20, and believe me we are kicking ourselves plenty for our misstep.  But let's not ignore the bigger issue here, that the scope of our project is NOT the issue here.  Even the simplest of projects whether migrated or created anew in Premiere 2015 are having major playback issues.  So...  lets work together to find a solution to the problem, because for us there is no going back.  We're just left twiddling our thumbs until the update/patch/fix hits.  To that end, what information can we provide you with to help debug?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whilst I realise it is an extreme measure to go to additional expense to get you out of a trap that has arisen under such unfortunate circumstances, if indeed you are in a situation you can't reverse out of and are effectively losing money on a paid gig as a result until it is fixed - and unless a fix is imminent - is it worth considering investing in a cheap USB audio interface as a temporary measure that will allow you to use ASIO? If I understand the problem correctly, it seems isolated to people falling back on MME as a replacement for the now retired WDM. As I say, I know this is an unattractive solution and I hesitate to suggest it but possibly the lesser of two evils in certain production scenarios?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ugh!  What a headache!  --- Same issue with audio/video out of sync.  (working on an Surface Pro 3 i7)  I feel like such a lemming when I upgrade to the 'latest greatest' Adobe software and then have huge problems as a result.  Lured in by 'new & exciting features'.  It's unusable at this point. - and I'm paying for a broken product ... which is insanely frustrating.  I guess this is what 'software' has become --- glitches galore with 'fixes' that are in the next exciting build --- imagine the lost productivity when Win 10 is released.  That  should be interesting...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter_Pelletier wrote:

Ugh!  What a headache!  --- Same issue with audio/video out of sync.  (working on an Surface Pro 3 i7)  I feel like such a lemming when I upgrade to the 'latest greatest' Adobe software and then have huge problems as a result.  Lured in by 'new & exciting features'.  It's unusable at this point. - and I'm paying for a broken product ... which is insanely frustrating.  I guess this is what 'software' has become --- glitches galore with 'fixes' that are in the next exciting build --- imagine the lost productivity when Win 10 is released.  That  should be interesting...

@Peter_Pelletier, are you using the docking station with the Surface Pro 3 i7?  We have this hardware in-house, so I think we can match your setup.  Can you please show screenshots of your Audio Hardware preferences? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe_error2.JPGAdobe_error1.JPGAdobe_error3.JPG

Charles VW‌ /// Thanks Charles -- would love to get a solution to this.  I can't get through even 3seconds of footage.  Worked perfectly fine with Pr2014 // and yes - using the docking station.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Peter_Pelletier, I see that you are using an external sound device than just what ships with the Surface, what are your other choices for Default Input, do you have the option for ASIO in Device Class?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok -- that actually did fix the sync issues --- BUT now I can't use my headphones through my FiiO headphone amp/DAC --- It's frustrating b/c it worked fine with exact same setup in Pr2014.   I guess it'll have to do.  And no I only have MME in Device Class.

Adobe_fix.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you still have the problem if you change your Default Output back to the DAC? I think you may only need to have changed the Digital Input.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, when i revert back to the DAC I have the same sync issues --- audio stalls & starts and I get the audio sync problem message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You Solved it --- Thanks Charles!  // when I chose the default input as the RealTek mic and the output as the DAC -- everything is working fine.  Hopefully it sticks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those of us who rely on the program for our jobs are losing money while Adobe figures this out. If we don't have a fix within the next 3 days I will lose the equivalent to an iMac and FCPX. Poor show people.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem. Guys fix this please....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem.

- Audio glitches

- Several out-of-sync warnings.

- In some cases audio doesn't follow the video while also the needle gets frozen.

- Mute/Solo buttons select/deselect by themselves!!!!

None of the following tricks work:

- Manually delete cache folders

- Change Audio Hardware settings

I reported the bug to Adobe and rolled back to Premiere CC 2014.2.

I Hope they fix it soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issues.  Horrifically frustrating.   Tried all the above suggested solutions and it's glitching and stuttering even more now. 

I'd really appreciate more regular updates from official sources letting us know what is being done about it or if there's any progress being made.  This seems to be the only place this is being discussed, so we kind of need some updates here.  Is it something that you guys just can't nail down yet?  And should we just roll back to CC2014 until you give us the official news? 

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any news on when the patch will be available to fix audio problems?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This fix doesn't work. Thread needs to go back to "not answered"  IMHO.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2015 Jun 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I doubt this has anything to do with library changes, because after fresh installation software worked as intended! The next day i launched the software i couldn't playback anything anymore due to sync issues described above.

As none of suggested solutions (even virtual audio cable) worked for me, i started experimenting with windows settings.

Enabling "Stereo Mix" in Win7 temporarily fixed the problem for me:

Control panel -> Sound -> Show disabled devices (if they are hidden)

271138_Untitled.png

Might be different on your system, as iam using on-board sound.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried the above, (post by Be Aware) . . . I'm on Windows 7, with Realtek onboard audio, and I have Stereo Mix set as Recording . . . (with Playback set to Realtek Speakers) but I still have the audio sync problems.  I was "hoping" . . . !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

suncloud333, do you have a second audio device (except realtek) in hardware manager?

271353_Capture2.PNG

If its enabled, try disabling it and then re-enable.

I dont know why stereo mix works, because after enabling it in windows, Premiere still showed realtek device in "Default Input" and it was labeled as "not working" and yet i was able to playback and export projects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines