• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Premiere Pro CC Freezes

New Here ,
Jul 19, 2018 Jul 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there..hopefully someone is able to help me out!

I am using Ppro CC (version 12.0.1) on PC (Core i7   3.4 Ghz  16 GB RAM  GeForce GTX 980). Each time I drag a footage or a photo from my project window/bin to the timeline, I no longer have any preview. When I hit spacebar or click on the play button on the program window, nothing happens! The footage stays still, without any sound while the timeline playhead moves. (ive already tried different footages and photos). Sometimes it may happen that when I import a footage or photo to premiere pro..the preview freezes, but the interface does not freeze at any point!

The main issue is i am not able to preview my work/editing anymore!!

Any feedback?

I've tried saving my project under another name...cleaning up media cache files...deleting bin and creating new ones... the problem is still there!!

HELP

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

quick question: is the line above your timeline green, yellow or red when you try to playback your footage in the timeline

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It can be any of the colors you've cited...but the playback still freezes! Sometimes the playback may function (after multiple restart of Ppro..cleaning cache..or just by luck!?)..and all of a sudden, it freezes again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What kind of footage (codec, resolution, framerate) are you trying to playback ?

Also, if you hit "enter" on your timelime to render video previews of your footage, does the preview play fine after it completed the rendering?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used a Sony HD Camcorder - its an MTS file, 1920 x 1080, 25 fps..

The footage will render when I hit enter .. but there will be no preview (no image, no audio).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems really weird.

I would recommand updating to the latest version (patch which just got released), and see if it fixes the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea..really weird!! To be able to work, I am importing ALL my rushes/raw footage to Ppro and then begin editing!
If I would have carried out editing step by step while importing my footage, I would have had to restart Ppro after each import!!

I've searched the net for this problem btw..some solved it because of audio problem (Pref-Audio-MMC)..but mine is still unsolvable!

I`ll update Ppro definitely!

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mehraj_BH,

The issue you have reported mostly occurs due to audio hardware configuration.

You may try these steps.

• Open Premiere Pro, then go to Edit> Preferences > Audio Hardware.
  • Set Device Class as MME and set the Default Input and Default Output to the system default audio device. The options for Default Input/ Default Output may look something like Speakers (2- High Definition Audio Device).

If doing this still doesn’t resolve the issue, please provide us a screenshot of  the Audio Hardware configuration window in Premiere Pro preferences and also a screenshot of the Windows Sound Panel (this can be opened by clicking on Settings in the Audio Hardware Configuration window in Premiere Pro preferences)

Thanks,

Sumeet Kumar Choubey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2018 Jul 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Sumeet, thank you for helping me out. I have tried various combination. I usually use the headset as output, as I work in an open space office.

Hopefully you may help further.

4 audio.JPG

5 output audio.JPG

6 input audio.JPG

audio settings:

audio settings 1.JPG

audio settings 2.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 20, 2018 Jul 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi mehraj_BH,

Similar issues have been reported earlier with USB based headsets. You may try this and check if this helps. Please try removing the Logitech USB headset first and try setting the Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio) as the default device in the windows sound panel ( right click on this device in the list and set as default device). Also, you may first need to connect any headphone or speakers if there is no output device plugged into the system audio output port.

Once done you may go to audio hardware preferences in Pr and set the Default Input to No input and the Default Output to Speakers ( Realtek High Definition Audio ).Once done click ok and then check the playback.

I understand that you need the audio through the headset but checking this will isolate if the playback issue is occurring because of the USB headset or not. If the playback works without the USB headset connected and while the Realtek Digital Output  is used in Pr, then you may check if the drivers for the Logitech USB headset can be updated ( if applicable as all the USB headset may not come with a standalone driver that can be installed ), if so please try updating it. If there Is no such driver update available from Logitech, you may try uninstalling and reinstalling the device driver from device manager and then check if it works with Pr.

Hope this helps

Sumeet Kumar Choubey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines