Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Premiere Pro CC video stutter / shake / broken / corrupt

New Here ,
Dec 24, 2017 Dec 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear All,

I have a very frustrating problem which I can't seem to get solved. I tried multiple things but untill now nothing's changed.

I had it with the previous version and I've updated to the latest version and the problem is still there.

The problem is that when editing the video often goes to stutter / shake.It's not the shakiness because my processor can't handle it. It's a kind of stuttering when the file is broken or corrupt or something. I've uploaded 2 files to youtube with examples. Also when I export the video, it also exports the stuttering / shake.

Adobe premiere 2 - YouTube

Adobe premiere pro - YouTube

Things I tried to solve:

- Delete adobe premiere pro and re-install

- Run the adobe creative Cloud Cleaner

- Deleted both adobe premiere pro and media encoder

- Run adobe creative cloud cleaner again.

- Re-installed both adobe premiere pro and media encoder

- Run Adobe Limited Acces repair Tool

The problem is still there.

Does anyone have an idea how to solve this?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We'll need more information before even attempting to come up with a solution.

• What format is the footage, from what camera? For instance, "1080p60 AVCHD from Sony X70"
  • What are the Sequence Settings being used? Post screen grab please
  • Export Settings? Screen grab also
  • Any effects filters applied to footage?
  • Computer specs? "Core i5 PC laptop, 8GB RAM, etc..."

Thank you

Jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have it with both footage from the GoPro and Canon 80D. Both shot in 1080p50

Sequences used which the problem occurs are digital slr 1080p 24 and 25 and AVCHD 1080p24. Dind't used any other sequence yet.

Below a printscreen of current sequence settings where the problem just accured again. Now it happened after changing the speed to 40%.

Only effect to this footage are the speed slow motion.

Side note:When dropping the footage in the sequence I chose keep existing setting.Don't know if this is relevant?

Pc specs (MSI Apache Pro Ge72):

Core i7

8gb RAM

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Work in a sequence that matches your media.  Report back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to use the GoPro and Canon 80D footage in the same edit, which sequence settings do I need then?

Also, I also have the problem when editing Canon 80D footage in the DSLR 1080p25. I suppose this is the correct sequence for this footage?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 28, 2017 Dec 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your camera settings should match each other, unless you're specifically shooting one camera in slow motion.  In which case you'd Modify that footage to match the real time footage, which should match the sequence settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The seperate camera's (settings) are irrelevant because I have it already at importing the very first file of the Canon 80D.
I thought i had it also with the GoPro footage, but the file was apparantly from the 80D.

Specs of the 80D file: PAL 1920x1080 50fps

GoPro footage seems to give no problems.

I tried two different scenario's and both gave problems:

1:

Create new project

Import file into project

Put file into sequence so it creates a new sequence automatically

Unlinked audio and delete audio

Nested the file

Moved it around a little bit.

BAM, problem with the image.

2:

Create new project

Create new sequence – AVCHD 1080p 25fps (because slow motion, so I can slow it down smoothly to 50%)

Import file into project

Put file into sequence

Chose keep existing setting because of the 25fps

Changed speed/duration to 50%

Moved it around a little bit

BAM, problem with the image

It seems that it does something with the file. I have this problem with footage from 2 different canon 80D's.

When I export the file the same stutter (and this time also red image inbetween) is also visible in the exported file.

Uploaded another video of the problem:

Premiere pro problem - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK.

Try transcoding the footage to Cineform.  Report back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2018 Jan 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply, but how is this going te be relevant?

Also, Cineform is GoPro, why should i convert my 80D footage to there? And besides how would that work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 04, 2018 Jan 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cineform footage and GoPro footage are two different things.

The first is visual lossless in a mov wrapper and the latter highly compressed mp4.

Work offline using proxy media |

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2018 Jan 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The link you've sent me seems to indicate that that's a solution for a device that has problems with playback?

Like I said before it can't be a problem with playback. and altough 8gb ram may not be a lot it should be enough.

Even if i playback at 1/4th it does it sometimes.

Just to be clear: it plays back all the footage just fine even in full quality playback, but sometimes it glitches at certain points. When the glitch is there it also exports it in the final video. But it may also happen that the "glitch" disappears.

What advantage could it have if i convert the footage to Cineform?

i started the editing of a new video today where the same problem occurred, Everything plays back fine, except around the 15-16 second mark. It's there in the playback and also in the exported file. Which, thus, indicates that the problem is not the 8gb RAM.

you can see the video in the following link,, the problem is at 15-16 seconds.

I hope someone may have a solution?!

Adobe premiere pro problem - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2020 Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

have you found a solution sir?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both of your media types are long-GOP and even at "only" 1080p/50fps could challenge a system with only 8GB of RAM.

Did you intend to slow the media or ... why are you using 50fps media on a 24 or 25fps sequence?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't have any problem at playback otherwise.The problem suddenly occured. before i didn't have any problems.
Also, wouldn't clarify why it's still there in the exported video.

And yes, it was shot in 50fps for slowmotion..

Gr,

Armand

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines