Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe QT 32 Server is Not Responding in Premiere CC

Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2013 Nov 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

My Adobe QT 32 Server is Not Responding in Premiere CC when I export.

Export then takes forever and the CPU goes to about 99 %.

Is does this both in Premiere CC and Media Encoder CC

Anyone with a solusion?

I run OSX 10.9 and have Premiere CC 7.1.0 (141)

3,33 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon

16 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

Regards

Thomas

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 21, 2013 Nov 21, 2013

Hey,

I reinstallet all my Adobe programes and the problem is now gone 🙂

Regards

Thomas

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,
Aug 08, 2014 Aug 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone,

Thanks Kevin for bringing this thread to my attention.

We recently noticed the same issue on ALL of our production machines. It seems Premiere 8.0.1 has some funky compatibility issues with legacy QuickTime - or more specifically, the way 3rd parties are implementing legacy QuickTime components.

Like others in this thread, we had really long export and render times, and Premiere was extremely crash prone and unstable. Upon checking Activity Monitor we noticed that 'Adobe QT32 Server' was 'Not Responding' and taking up CPU resources - and eventually bringing the whole system to a stand still. It seems 'Adobe QT32 Server' stalls at Premiere's splash screen - so you don't even have to open a project to see the issue.

Here's a sample of the stalled instance: Adobe QT32 Server Sample - Pastebin.com

Upon investigation on one of our iMac and MacBook Pro's we found that removing the following components from the '/Library/Quicktime' folder seems to have fixed the problem:

AvidAV1xCodec.component (v2.4.0)
AvidAVd1Codec.component (v2.4.0)
AvidAVDJCodec.component (v2.4.0)
AvidAVdnCodec.component (v2.4.0)
AvidAVdvCodec.component (v2.4.0)
AvidAVinCodec.component (v2.4.0)
AvidAVj2Codec.component (v2.4.0)
AvidAVmpCodec.component (v2.4.0)
AvidAVpkCodec.component (v2.4.0)
AvidAVrpCodec.component (v2.4.0)
AvidAVUICodec.component (v2.4.0)
Blackmagic Codec.component (v10.1.1)

So it seems Premiere is freaking out a bit with our Media Composer installation, and the latest Blackmagic Desktop Video drivers (which we need in Premiere for IO).

If I try load Premiere with JUST the Blackmagic Codec.component the 'Adobe QT32 Server' stalls on the splash screen as expected.

If I try load Premiere with JUST the Avid components 'Adobe QT32 Server' stalls as soon as you try and render something.

The following components seems to be fine and can be left alone:

AppleAVCIntraCodec.component (v2.1.2)
AppleHDVCodec.component (v2.0.5)
AppleIntermediateCodec.component (v2.0.2)
AppleMPEG2Codec.component (v1.0.2)
AppleProResCodec.component (v3.0.5)
DesktopVideoOut.component (v1.2.7)
DVCPROHDCodec.component (v2.0.2)
DVCPROHDMuxer.component (v1.3.2)
DVCPROHDVideoDigitizer.component (v1.3.2)
DVCPROHDVideoOutput.component (v1.3.2)
DVCPROHDVideoOutputClock.component (v1.3.2)
DVCPROHDVideoOutputCodec.component (v1.3.2)
FCP Uncompressed 422.component (v2.0.2)
IMXCodec.component  (v2.0.2)
LiveType.component (v2.1.4)
REDCODE.QT.component (v6.1)
XiphQT (decoders).component (v0.1.8svn)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the case of the MacBook Pro (MacBookPro10,1 / 2.8GHz / 16GB RAM), I'm running MacOS 10.9.3, Blackmagic Desktop Video 10.1.1 and Media Composer 7.0.3.2815.

In the case of the iMac (27-inch, 3.4GHz / 32GB RAM / HD 6970M), I'm running MacOS 10.9.1, Blackmagic Desktop Video 10.1.2 and Media Composer 7.0.3.2815.

Removing these codecs, doesn't affect anything really, as we never use the Blackmagic Uncompressed codecs, and we rarely use QuickTime wrapped Avid DNxHD files. However it's EXTREMELY annoying that we need to find workarounds for CC each time we do a Media Composer or Resolve update.

I don't think we can blame Blackmagic & Avid though - as every other QuickTime-supported application seems to work fine - it's just Premiere's 32-bit QuickTime implementation that's causing issues.

I will try updating to the latest version of Media Composer and see if that helps. I'm running the latest version of Blackmagic's Desktop Video on the iMac - and that doesn't help. It seems ALL versions of the Blackmagic Desktop Video driver clash with Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2014 Oct 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue with the "Adobe QT32 Server" process not responding with Adobe Premiere Elements 13 on a Mac Pro (early 2008) running Mavericks 10.9.5.

Following the advice on this thread, I have gained stability of the errant QT32 process by removing the "Blackmagic Codec.component" from the /library/quicktime directory. The following components do NOT cause an issue when present within the /library/quicktime directory - "AppleIntermediateCodec.component", "AppleMPEGCode.component", and "FCP Uncompressed 422.component". Those four components are the ONLY components I have within the QuickTime directory.

I have attempted various uninstall and reinstall operations of Adobe Premiere Elements 13, but varying the install sequences does NOT make a difference unless the "Blackmagic Codec.component" is removed. This included a virgin rebuild of the system including OS, Adobe software (Premiere Elements and Adobe Audition), and my minimal third party tools (Wirecast and BlackMagic Design software in support of my PCIe capture cards).

My environment is clearly not as complex as others on this thread. I'm providing this information to demonstrate this problem should be easily repeatable at Adobe and does NOT appear to be some complex combination of software installations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2014 Oct 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this same qt32 server crash problem in After Effects CC 2014.

I am running a new Mac Pro 2.7 GHz 12-core Xeon E5 with 64 GB RAM and Mavericks 10.9.5

This is a fresh install, a newly setup system as of one week ago. I do not have any of the avid codecs in my Libray/Quicktime folder. I also do not have the BlackMagic codecs. I do have AJA codecs, as I use the IO-XT.

So, still waiting for a reasonable solution to this issue.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This isn't really a resolve and not that I am trying to push other products, but until Adobe does resolve the matter you could always get a copy of Compressor 4 as a standalone application for $50.  I love Media Encoder, but I do notice a lack in performance compared to my other compression software based on how my system is set up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do have Compressor 4, but it is not a solution for exporting an After Effects composition.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2014 Nov 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris, thanks for taking the time to do that leg work.  Clearly Adobe isn't since this thread is over a year old and there's still no official resolution.  For us, we have a 27" iMac with an ATI card, so the NVIDIA drivers don't matter to us.  As for the Quicktime Components we have installed, we do NOT have the Avid, nor Blackmagic.  We do have AJA ones, but again, we need those for our ioXT.

I thought the point of having the Creative Cloud, and we have the latest 2014 for what it's worth, was to have constant updates and fixes?  Seriously Adobe, where's the fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi KS,

Kinzie Street wrote:

As for the Quicktime Components we have installed, we do NOT have the Avid, nor Blackmagic.  We do have AJA ones, but again, we need those for our ioXT.

Can you temporarily remove them and see if it improves your situation?
Also check with AJA support to make sure that the components you have installed are supported for your particular version of Premiere Pro.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kinzie - what issues are you having? What version of Mac OS? Are you running the latest version of CC?

Since Mac OS 10.9.5 and CC2014.1, we've found Premiere to be MUCH more stable. In fact, we now rarely have crashes on our MacBook Pro or iMac (although we still have lots of weird bugs and quirks!).

As discussed above, we've noticed that "Adobe QT32 Server" stalls regardless of what QuickTime components are installed. According to Adobe, this is just a "messaging bug" (why they can't fix it, I have no idea - but I assume it's something to do with legacy QuickTime).

If you're having major issues though, as we were previously, try removing the AJA QuickTime codec as Kevin suggested. It won't have any impact on video output from the ioXT, if you're just using it for previewing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(It seems these forums won't let me post large amounts of text for some reason! - Keep getting m5 error!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(Still not working... will post rest of my reply later...)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 11, 2014 Aug 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris,

It is interesting that there's been several different suggested solutions to this problem - at first I thought that the issue was Avid codecs, but now that I am seeing reports about Blackmagic and the QTDecoder solution for people that don't have those codecs, it seems that the issue is with QT 32 Server itself.

Right now I am bouncing back and forth between 7.2.2 and 8.0.1 - removing the Avid codecs helped out a bit with stability in 7.2.2 but 8.0.1 has still been flaky for me. Last night I was cutting just audio and CC14 crashed five times trimming or extracting from the timeline - so I don't think that your issues are related to R3D or Colorista.

Not sure what other information we can provide but hopefully this is something that can be resolved in the near future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 12, 2014 Aug 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ppohio,

you're right. It's like gambling. In my case i had problebs in version 7. Now after several updates everything runs fine. Seems like Mac OS becomes more and more like Windows. There i'm used to fix things by randomly installing and deinstalling components, for somehow fixing problems that occur in the library-files. That's because Windows thinks to be clever and manage things on it's own. But still: computers aren't that clever and manufacturers should leave the management transparent. But as it is now, apple is going to do the same faults like microsoft.

Best,

Tobias

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 12, 2014 Aug 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I am concerned the problem as nothing to do with the OS being either MAC or PC. I use to work on a Mac and FInal Cut Pro 7. It was a great machine but Final Cut became so problematic with the lack of support that my company decided to go to PC's. I must say, I kind of enjoy the PC. Windows 7 is a very stable OS.

I am convinced that the problem lies with Premiere Pro. What I have done to eliminate the Quicktime bug with exports is I reduced the number of processor cores available to the system (yes you can do that in Windows). Like I said, I reduced the number of processors from 32 to 16 cores. That was 2 weeks ago and I haven't had a problem since. Renders perform without a hitch as well as exports. Plus, I hardly get any more "not responding" situations.

Basically, the only drawback of reducing the numbers of cores available is that renders take a little bit more time. You will notice this only on extensive projects.

P.S. Some say that anything under 21 cores will work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2014 Aug 31, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use premiere cc 2014.
I've made backup of adobe qt32 server and copied an old copy from premiere cc, it worked for me.

Adobe qt32 still crashes but i can export everything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2014 Oct 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know the concrete issue that crash qt32 server, but after trying many things, just worked one, Downgrade nvidia and cuda drivers.
While qt32 server crashed on my machine, Premiere pro cc / cc 2014 didn't allowed me to sellect mercury playback cuda or open cl, Then I tried to downgrade Cuda and Nvidia drivers step by step and finally everything worked fine.

Don't Know if it's general solution, but worked for me.

Good Luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what driver version are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We've noticed that on Premiere 8.1, "Adobe QT32 Server" stalls regardless of what QuickTime components are installed. Some people on the Adobe Facebook pages have noted that it's just a messaging bug, and it hasn't actually stalled, and the message should be ignored.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2014 Oct 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Captura de pantalla 2014-10-08 a la(s) 21.39.30.png

Captura de pantalla 2014-10-08 a la(s) 21.39.55.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2014 Oct 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry if my understanding is wrong.I had this issue 'Adobe QT 32 server is not responding' for adobe CS5 master collection in windows 8.1 machines. In particular the issue was when invoking the shortcut 'adobe after effects'.I had the latest version of QT 7.7.5 installed in my machine.Then once I removed this latest version and installed QT 7.7.2 which is mentioned as per the requirements in the adobe site along with apple application support 3.0 seems to resolve the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 16, 2014 Dec 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guys, I've just bought the license for Premiere Pro CC 2014 and installed everything and I can't even start the program and it pops ADOBE QT32 Server has stopped working and the it crushes. Please anybody has an answer for Windows 7?  I need it ASAP 'cause I have a lot of work to do and I can't do anything. I have a Windows 7 64-bit i7 NVIDIA GeForce GTX  780 Ti

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try uninstalling QuickTime Player, then running Premiere. If that doesn't work, try installing the latest version of QuickTime Player.

If that doesn't work, the only other suggestion I have is to try and reinstall the entire CC suite (see: Creative Cloud Help | Install, update, or uninstall apps).

Sorry I don't have any better suggestions!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did everything you told me, but the issue is the same. I can't even launch the program, this is what is shown (i'm from Chile). Thanks 😕 (I search it for ImageRenderer.dll solution, and still doesn't work)

APPCRASH

Nombre de la aplicación: Adobe QT32 Server.exe

Versión de la aplicación: 8.2.0.65

Marca de tiempo de la aplicación: 5486d9b1

Nombre del módulo con errores: ImageRenderer.dll

Versión del módulo con errores: 8.2.0.65

Marca de tiempo del módulo con errores: 5486b0a8

Código de excepción: c000001d

Desplazamiento de excepción: 001e5343

Versión del sistema operativo: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.48

Id. de configuración regional: 13322

Información adicional 1: 0a9e

Información adicional 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Información adicional 3: 0a9e

Información adicional 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 17, 2014 Dec 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I removed the following codec from "System Drive / System / Library / QuickTime", and no more "Adobe QT32 Server (Not Responding)". It was freezing me up every 10-15 minutes.

CalibratedXDCodec.component

Hope this saves some people.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines