• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe stops responding to anything I Import that goes past a certain runtime

Community Beginner ,
Feb 04, 2020 Feb 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I've been trying to see if this is an OBS issue or an Adobe issue, but it's really hard for me to pin down what the exact issue actually is since I have no other longform videos that Adobe would usually support that I can test it with. But what I've figured out so far is that since an update to 24.x.x of OBS, Adobe Premiere is absolutely HATING the files it creates past a certain runtime. I only say "certain" because so far, I'm seeing that it hangs on anything as low as 5 minutes or longer, but it could be less. It will take a minute long recording from OBS, but that's about it. But I've since discovered it's becoming also with the videos that I've recorded previously to OBS and used to be able to import into Adobe no problem, which makes me wonder what changed in Adobe that makes it not like these files anymore and not just the update. Perhaps something changed in OBS, too, but I believe the main culprit is Adobe since this didn't happen with videos I recorded in OBS before. I don't see any logs at ALL in my files so I had nothing to be able to show what could be the direct cause of the hangs (it just keeps hanging until I try to close it, to which then it tells me it has stopped responding and never does recover).

I really need help with this, as I have tried to go to alternative programs to attempt to work on the videos I need to work on, though those programs don't do the easy job that Adobe is able to do. Any help in understanding what happened and how to fix it would be appreciated.

TOPICS
Error or problem , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Feb 04, 2020 Feb 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is a known bug with Premiere and at the moment there isn't a known work-around.  It was introduced into Premiere sometime in 2019, and the team at Adobe knows about it, have reproduced it internally, etc.  But there's no ETA for a fix.

In all cases, Premiere will recover.  You just have to sit and wait for it, depending on how fast your CPU is.  The process involved is entirely single-core bound.  Faster processors will get through this issue easier.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines