• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After 13.1.4 update hover scrub is not working on some clips

Engaged ,
Aug 18, 2019 Aug 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After my recent update my clip hover scrub only works on some clips, This is really annoying while I'm trying to edit and select clips I want to us in my timeline. Is there a way to fix this? Ive tried checking and unchecking the hover clip option, I've cleared my media cache, and reset preferences with no success. Any advice on how to fix and Adobe this is there always more bugs after update is suppose to fix them. Im on a 10 core iMac Pro, 128gig ram, Radeon Pro Vega 64 and running Mac OS 10.14.6

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 19, 2019 Aug 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just ran into another issue, When I try to export my project I have sever missing clips. They show as black clips, no video. Even clips I have text on, the text will show but the clip is black. I seriously need a solution. This only happen after my latest update.

In addition when I switched to Mercury Playback (Software only ) it works fine, but when I have "OpenCL" Selected all these issues I described above are happening. Adobe please provide a fix ASAP!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 20, 2019 Aug 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If trashing preferences did not help I would do a clean install of Pr.

Use the Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ive tried trashing preferences and no success. I confirmed my issue when switching from OpenCL to Software Only and back. This is happening on both my machines running same version of PPCC. Its a bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh my ... everything that can possibly go wrong is a bug. Wow.

As noted in your doubled post, Apple is actively deprecating OpenCL so you need to use Metal (AMD) or CUDA (Nvidia) on Macs. Even on PCs it's probably better to do the same.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the same result happen when I select metal. Maybe I'm not clear in my post. Before this update I haven't had any issues, I edit Arri 4k and RED 8k files all day. I haven't had any issues until this update.

the hover scrub works when I'm viewing clips in media browser but doesn't work when I'm in the project window. So it works in one window in the program and doesn't work in another window of the same program it is a bug, Even when I go to export my video, I'm getting black frames on the same clips that aren't hover scrubbing...and even if I have text over played on those clips the video will export a black frame with the text and no footage. I didn't have these issues before I updated. And this exact issue is happening on my MacBook Pro running the same update so it is a bug

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You haven't mentioned the type of media that you're working with. "some clips" is there a difference between these clips and the others in MediaInfo?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was about to ask the same... are they .mp4, .mov, or other format? Did they come from cell phone footage? Can those clips be worked with on separate timelines?

Hope this helps!
Make sure to press "āœ” Correct Answer" on this post if this answers your question. Happy Creating!
Anissa ā€¢ @anissat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From his other thread I would assume ARRI and RED RAW? Re: 13.1.4 Update causes GPU accelerated OpenCL render and export issues!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All clips are Arri  Raw ProRes 444

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So are they ArriRaw, or ProRes?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ProRes 4444 direct from Alexa Mini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you put a clip that's not working into a sequence, are you able to hover scrub the sequence?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines