Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After 22.3 plash screen an error shows.

Explorer ,
Apr 15, 2022 Apr 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That error box says :

Display Surface initialization failed. You load up premiere pro again and it loads fine.  Is anyone else getting this?

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, scratch that part of it loading and retry. Restarted Ppro and it did it again. Now it's not loading.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!

Sorry about the trouble. Can you follow some suggestions mentioned here? https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/faq-how-to-troubleshoot-premiere-pro-crash-a...

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Kartika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 16, 2022 Apr 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I go back to the previous version? I started it today and it loaded.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 24, 2022 Apr 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, but on Mac Studio M1 Max, OS 12.3, Premier Pro v 22.3.

Screen Shot 2022-04-24 at 7.54.15 PM.png

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2022 Apr 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any feedback? Just started happening to me today?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2022 May 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it started happening to me today

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any 3rd-party control devices attached beside a keyboard and mouse?

Multiple monitors? Brand and connection?

Any 3rd-party capture or display cards, like from Blackmagic?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Monitor is Mac Studio Display connected via thunderbolt. Stock config.

Error was solved by rebooting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 13, 2022 Jul 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have two ViewSonic monitors. one DisplayPort and the other HDMI.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 13, 2022 Jul 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you temporarily disconnect one or the other of your monitors, does the problem go away?

If so, the mix of DisplayPort and HDMI may be confusing Pr, especially on Apple silicon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 14, 2022 Jul 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't run apple I'm PC.  It was working fine until the update I posted this for.  It still does it. Once is my 2k monitor ViewSonic VG3448-S 34" Ultra-Wide 21:9 FreeSync Monitor and the other is a VX2270SMH-LED - 27" Display, IPS Panel, 1920 x 1080 Resolution. My vidcard is a GTX 1060 with 6g on win10 via a z420 workstation with 64g or ecc ram.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 26, 2022 May 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here just started today....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 27, 2022 May 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to reset my PC (without deleting files) and reinstall everything and now it works

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 27, 2022 May 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's possible a utility like CCleaner would be useful in the future. It may keep you from having to reset and reinstall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 09, 2022 Jun 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has been going on with me on my Mac Pro Trash Can for a while now. Sometimes it will go away. Today, it won't go away. So this is also an issue for the new Mac Studio M1 thing? I'm supposed to get one of those, but if it don't work, maybe I shouldn't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have two monitors. None of the other suggestions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay cleared up just now on reboot. Must be stretching the system capabilities of the trash can a bit much now that folks are moving to better macs these days.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just got this issue since yesterday. Windows 11. Premiere Pro version 22.4.
I've tried everything. Reboot, reinstall. No third party apps blocking Premiere either. I get the same pop-up on previous versions of Premiere too. Other Adobe apps work just fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2022 Jun 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here... frustrating

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 22, 2022 Jun 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2022 Jun 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2022 Jun 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I fixed the issue. I went from Premiere Pro (22.5) to (22.4) and also I ended the task dynamiclinkmanager.exe in the details section of the task manager (Had to do it for installation). I used the creative cloud desktop to do so. I am not sure what the problem was (Version or dynamiclinkmanager.exe) but hope this works out for y'all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 15, 2022 Jul 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much! I didn't have to reinstall/switch versions at all, simply ending dynamiclinkmanager.exe helped me out. Thanks alot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines