• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Affects CS6 comp do not update in Premiere Pro sequence

Community Beginner ,
Jun 06, 2012 Jun 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since CS6, if I change an After Effects project when the comp is already in a Premiere Pro timeline, the comp won't automatically update on the timeline, but it will update on the source monitor.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 31, 2012 Aug 31, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an Adobe Dynamic Linking in Mac issue.

That's possible, 'cause it works fine for me on both Windows machines.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim Simon wrote:

This is an Adobe Dynamic Linking in Mac issue.

That's possible, 'cause it works fine for me on both Windows machines.

Well, while I appreciate that you're trying to contribute, commenting about a bug that is Mac specific (and has been stated as such since the beninning of the thread) when you're using Windows is just adding unhelpful chatter to a conversation where people are looking for informed ideas.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(and has been stated as such since the beninning of the thread

Sorry, I missed that.  I just normally click the "Last Post" time, which takes me to the most recent post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 01, 2012 Sep 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not mac specific. I started the thread and i'm on PC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 01, 2012 Sep 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, there goes that idea.

Does everyone having the issue also have any missing sequence presets?  Can you properly do a Replace with AE Comp?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 06, 2012 Sep 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Regarding: Render Work Area in Premiere doesn’t get deleted when modifying linked comp in AE.

I can’t reproduce the issue on Mac 10.8.1 or Win 7 64-Bit SP1 running Production Premium CS6 with all of the current updates. It works 100% of the time. In order to fix the problem, we need to be able to reproduce this in-house. It sounds like a legit issue. The question remains, why does it work for me, and occurs for other users. Based on the comments in this thread, I think we can rule out user error. So what is the common denominator that all of the users who are encountering this issue have in common? That is what we need to define next. I think ECBowen may be onto something, with the idea that it has something to do with where the Premiere preview files are being stored. Is anyone who is encountering this issue storing his or her preview files in the default install location?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 07, 2012 Sep 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

James,

Both of my systems are on 10.6.8 - Planning to upgrade to Mountain Lion soon. I just wanted to wait until everyone had a chance to make sure the drivers were updated before pulling the trigger. It is something we can reproduce here 100% of the time.

I'm not 100% sure which versions of OS X the other two local facilities are using, but I'm pretty sure one could be as old as 10.5

Also, I am not using the default location as my preview save location.

Message was edited by: jesmo71

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@James/ECBowen - And just to clarify - Yes all the drives we used are HFS+ (Journaled) - No, we can't switch to non-journaled because we have about 5Tb of data (most of it video), and it just would not be feesible. If the drive being Journaled is the issue, that equates to a programming issue, and is something that needs to be addressed by Adobe. I do, however, appreciate that you've worked at finding the solution to the problem.

@Jim SImon - My apologies, when I told you this was a Mac thread, I thought we were in the other thread that is having this exact same conversation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you could get an external HDD of some type to test and use as backup later that would help see if the Metadata added by Journaling is causing Adobe's File manager from detecting the file locations correctly. If you have a card reader and a blank media card we could try the same thing it would just be slower.

Eric

ADK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A media card is a great idea. I'll try that first chance I get and post the results here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Regarding: Render Work Area in Premiere doesn’t get deleted when modifying linked comp in AE.

After further investigation, although it is still a possibility, I think the drive/location of the preview files is not the problem. I’m back onto the idea that this is an AE comp/project settings/parameter not flushing the hash cache. We need to figure out if the issue is with AE or PR. Once a modification has been made to the comp in AE, AE sends a notification to PR. We need to determine if AE is sending the updated information, if not the bug is in AE. If PR is receiving the information, and not updating, the bug is in PR. I need someone who can reproduce this problem 100%, to send me their project and source files, or set up a connect session with me, so I can observer the workflow in greater detail. We also have some debugging tools we can walk you through.  Any volunteers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

James,

I can do this with you on Monday - I'll have to set up a connect session with you, because all the files are too large to send. You can contact me at my email address in my profile. Let me know if that will work for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2012 Sep 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i also have this problem regularly.  it is very annoying and can not wait till it is fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2012 Oct 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only solution I have found is to force Premiere to re-render the linked footage. I put a white solid below the footage and dropped the oppacity.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 26, 2012 Oct 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a couple of ideas.

After Effects recently made some changes to the cache memory area of the app. Those changes are in AE 11.0.2, which is available as a live update. I've had reports from other users that after upgrading, they can no longer reproduce this issue.

I found a bug recently where the work area preview does not get invalidated in Premiere if you modify the composition in AE while the preview is being created in PR. Here is the workaround;

1. After you have made your modifications to the comp in AE, bring PR to the foreground (the work area is not deleted).
  2. Bring AE to the foreground, and then click in the comp viewer panel to bring it into focus.
  3. Bring PR to the foreground. The work area gets deleted.

Note: You might have to repeat step 2 and 3. This issue only occurs if the AEP is in 16/32bpc mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 27, 2013 Sep 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issues. What I have been doing is in After I duplicate the comp that has my updated animatio, then in Premier import and replace using alt+ drag over the footage I want to replace. This will replace and keep my edits. What a drag that this is not working.

The good news is that if text need to be updated it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 25, 2013 Nov 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any news on this front?  New Adobe user here, experiencing the same issues as mentioned above - edited AE comps not reflecting the changes in the PP timeline without replacement or sequence re-render.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 26, 2013 Nov 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure what OS you're working on, but for me, the issue was addressed in the updates. Make sure you are using the most current version of the software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 26, 2013 Nov 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jesmo7, I'm on Mac OS 10.8.5. I was on Mavericks, but had multiple issues with abrupt & unexpected restarts - so opted to revert to Mountain Lion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 27, 2013 Nov 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After updating the software my After Effects comps are being updated in Premier Pro. Tested it again today, I am not on Mavericks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 02, 2016 May 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just uncheck in Adobe Media Encoder > Preferences > General > Premiere Pro > Import sequences natively

Screen Shot 2016-04-28 at 16.52.18.png

Then Premiere with dynamic links works fine! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will try this next time I have an issue. I've noticed it always seems to be worse when CC gets an update. Happened to me the other day. Made changes to an after effects project, and I saw them reflected in Premiere, but then it rendered out the old project in AME. I've unchecked "Import sequences natively", so we'll see how it goes. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had the same problems over and over again, untill I did understand what this feature in AME was about (Import sequences natively).

Then it will use your Dynamic Links in Premiere and the render will be good!

Screen Shot 2016-05-02 at 15.05.30.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines