Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects Composition Importing incorrectly into Premiere CC2017

Explorer ,
Nov 10, 2016 Nov 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I'm having trouble importing a composition into Premiere Pro.

My Composition is 1080p in After Effects, but when I import it into premier it imports at 427 x 240.

Can anyone explain why?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 10, 2016 Nov 10, 2016

Hi Chris,

1. Could you please open After Effects and try changing the resolution in the Comp panel to Full?

2. Switch to Premiere Pro and see if the resolution in the Program Monitor changes?

Please let us know the status. 

Thanks,

Vidya Sagar.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 10, 2016 Nov 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris,

1. Could you please open After Effects and try changing the resolution in the Comp panel to Full?

2. Switch to Premiere Pro and see if the resolution in the Program Monitor changes?

Please let us know the status. 

Thanks,

Vidya Sagar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 11, 2016 Nov 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That fixed it! Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2017 Jan 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Vidya,

I am having a similar problem of my After Effects composition scaling down after importing on Premiere and this problem only seems to have occurred with the latest update to CC 2017. I tried changing the resolution but to no avail. See screenshot. Please advise on how to resolve this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 11, 2016 Nov 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

faced the same issue, but little more complicated.

I had to open an older premiere project which contained older after effects project as well.

when opened the prproj in 2017, it had to resave of course as filename_1.

when i clicked edit original on after effects comp.

opened after effects, and prompt to convert the file.

When i did that, i change the resolution to full. but premiere still reads from the non-converted file.

even if i tried to replace it with the converted file, still was reading the old one.

Problem solved when i deleted the old one, and opened the premiere again, so in locate file i pointed out the new one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines