• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Analyze ALL footage for Warp Stablizer??

Explorer ,
Dec 20, 2012 Dec 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FCP 7 had a way to analyze every imported clip for the "smoothmotion" effect, which is Apple's identical twin to the "warp stabilizer" effect in Premiere Pro CS6.

Does anyone know a way to do this or a workaround to achieve the same basic thing? Simply making a sequence with every clip in it and adding the Warp to all of them makes my Warp stuff kind of glitch out. Clips lose their analyze data, warp stops functioning on some clips even if I re-analyze, and they don't always auto start the analyzing.

The way to do it in FCP was to actually add a new column in the project browser. There was kind of a hidden smoothmotion column. Add that and right click it, it gives you the option to analyze for smoothmotion in background. Select all clips, right-click, and boom. Leave it over night.

If someone could show me a way, you are a god!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 27, 2016 Jul 27, 2016

Hi JohnRicca,

Sorry, no. Create a feature request.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Oct 13, 2021 Oct 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed, maybe i should realy "get a life" and start using DaVinci, when you add stabilization it automaticly on the background analyse and render, iven if you copy that clip to another timeline, there is no extra work with stabilization, all done by program itself, there is no playback issue which i have it in PP and many more. In DaVinci things are working perfect in Premiere Pro don't and Adobe can only say, please update your GPU driver, reinstal the app, install again OS, bullshi*ts all the time... If the problem would be in OS, on computer itself and not in PP, than why other editing programs work perfect...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Resolve hath its issues too. Because yea, I work 'there' also. I'm a contributing author at MixingLight.com, a pro colorist's site, and yea, the group there are mostly Resolve people. Who tend to really like it.

But they can all go on about the bugs that haven't been fixed since Darwin, and the UI issues that bug them. Which Avid people can do also. Because in the end, these are all fancy hammers. Tools. Use what works for your needs.

And by getting a life, I should clarify ... I meant just letting the small issues drop. Keeping the frustration level to a manageable simmer. You're going to have them with any of these apps, but you gotta get the work out, right? So ... roll your eyes, maybe post a rant now and then, and get back to work.

Had a number of clips to Warp yesterday myself. And thankfully my new beast processes analyzes them a TON faster than my old one. Also, I was able to keep them to no more than 30 seconds of media at a go. Would take a minute or so to analyze, a few seconds to apply.

But of course, I was painfully aware of sitting there each time. Sigh.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neil,

the thing is it is not only that, low level expectation error is showing also few times a day (when customer support telling me i need to reset the program, giving them for a 10th time again the specs of my system i am getting really nervous, i know the basic things and i do them before contacting them, also i am writing them that i did that, not helping, they still give me the same solution i did it bofore i contacted them). Thing is crashing and not working as it should all the time. It works "well", when you work with xdcam, pro res files, but when you add quick time h264, or hevc, always some problems. Lately i am having a problems with footage recorded from iPhone and with the sound recorded with Rode app. When applying mastering sound effect app si crashing on that sound files. It works well for some time, than it start crashing. Only delete and re-applying is helping. In my 10-12h of work 6 days a week i am working hour or even two to solve PP problems, few times a week. Reporting, sending project and source files to Adobe few times, never came back to me what was wrong, but they said they will. Really disappointed. Why i am still working with PP, because copying and pasting the attributs is so easy, color correction can be made really fast and audio post production also when you have shortcuts setup right. Only performance is very bad and after those years it is time to fix this - if DaVinci can why Adobe don't check DaVinci how they manage it. I was writing them if they need the person who is a heavy user of PP, to be in touch directly with the engineers, so they can get error, suggestions from the first hand... to build powerful program, no luck. They rather to have low performance program. At the end i am asking myslef, why should i report any error... i am not paid for it, i am paying them for the programs anyway, but i am a beta tester all the time. Than i am giving them my hand to help them, so i can turn out to be a fool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why some users get those "exception" errors fairly often is something that I of course have no clue about. I've gotten them occasionally. For me those have mostly happened with RED or A7s3 clips. But only sporadically. Others like yourself get them a lot more.

I've seen a few comments with people where ProRes or DNx are having issues, but on my system those are totally rock-solid. Go figure, right?

And yea, that's a pain, no question. Why here and not there?

Another issue is newer iPhone media seems to cause all sorts of issues for a number of users. Yuck.

As a user of both PrPro and Resolve on a regular basis, they each have their good points and pain points. Personally I love the customizations available for the UI and for my Tangent control panels in Premiere. Which Resolve doth not allow at all. And I don't like their UI either.

I do like the depth of the color tools there, not surprisingly as it is primarily a colorist's application that has fairly recently had editing, audio, and now graphics cadged onto it.

But a friend totally loves the Resolve UI ... different strokes right?

None of these apps are pain free or perfect, sadly. Another acquaintance just posted on a pro forum that he's working on assignment for a while in a total Avid facility, going to be cutting & coloring trailers. And was told Avid doesn't have a couple tools that he's used to using in both Resolve and Premiere.

Which left him wondering ... what the royal heck? Turns what he was expecting to be really quick & easy work into a manual slog through image data. Not what any of us want to do.

But yea, they all have cool things and not so cool things. Resolve works fine on my decently high powered desktop, drags like Hades on my Acer Triton laptop with a 2080 in it. Premeire plays ok on that, not slick, but decent. Resolve just ... ain't fun on it.

Everyone's mileage always varies.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 14, 2021 Oct 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They don't work enough hard and they don't have interes to make program better in much more faster way. Technology is already here, they just need to "open" DaVinci and study how they can manage to have such a good performance(scrolling video in any format is flawless there, gpu rendering working perfect). It is not a rocket science. There is no room fo excuses. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it's not rocket science, which in some ways is actaully simpler. In designing rockets, you build to a specific limited set of hardware. A complex app like a modern NLE is built to run on a nearly unlimited set of circumstances and hardware. With so many different workflows going on no one developing the applications can know all them in any detail.

As a user of Resolve, I laugh at the comments about that app supposedly having a totally bug free and awesome performance on all hardware and workflows. On some gear, it's faster for some things than PrPro. On others, it ain't. And therefore vice versa.

Because they are both complicated apps built by humans. And Resolve has its problems with bugs and UI issues that users complain about. I'm on LiftGammaGain and the BM forums daily also, as I use both a BMPCC4K as my main cam and work with and teach pro colorists who are based mostly in Resolve.

Yea, I see the bugs talked of and griped about. But for some users and workflows, any one of these NLEs, Resolve, PrPro, or Avid will work a bit better than another. They're all fancy hammers. Use whatever works. The companies will all survive.

Adobe's DVA team has made some huge jumps recently in rendering for AfterEffects, and some of those changes will make their way into PrPro. There's a ton of changes being tested and rolled out such as the transciption/captions process which is rather past any other NLEs capability at this time.

They're not getting to one of my main peeves which is further work with the makers of control panels. Which ticks me off. But I know there's not that many editors using them, unfortunately. They can speed everything from audio to graphics to color dramatically.

But just because they're not fulfulling my main peeve doesn't mean I can't see the whole picture. Warts, successes, and all ... for all the apps.

An acquaintance just got assigned to an Avid facility to make trailers. And is stunned that Avid doesn't have one tool for organizing the work that both PrPro and Resolve has. The Avid-centric editors there didn't even know other NLEs had such a tool. It means hours more work than he was expecting.

Not even Avid is perfect.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

About Avid, i was working on it 4 years full time, when coming home, i was using Adobe. Avid have different foot print in PostProduction, video editing and nothing more, i know you can do more with it but its made for edit. Made for big or medium houses, which Adobe is more close to individuals(i know there are big houses using Adobe, but based on my info Avid is still the "reference" for video editing. I was video editor for MasterChef and i was doing just video editing, audio post production was doing someone else(pro tools), color correction again someone else (davinci), pre-cut and rought cut also someone else, of course on different computer. I must admit it that videoediting was one of the best on Avid for me, why? shortcuts and performance. Avid is forcing user to encode the footage before editing, thats why it works so well. Now i work fully at home, need to finish the product everything in house, so Adobe or DaVinci is the best option so far. Definetly if i would be just video editor i would be using Avid.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 22, 2018 Jun 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any update on this feature? I have a big documentary project. I know there are some clips that need analyzing again, but I don't remember which exactly, so I need a button that can analyze all the clips that need to be analyzed and stabilised. Does this exist?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 29, 2021 Sep 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any news about the possibility to analyse and stabilize multiple clips with a single command?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 29, 2021 Sep 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope. That sort of thing we'd find out about when released in a public beta. Though I wouldn't hold my breath on this one. Having been through in-person discussions with engineers at NAB and MAX when this came up, they were pretty solidly behind this ain't of interest to them.

Among other things, pointing out it would pretty much need to be something you did overnight.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2022 Jan 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately this is still not natively supported in Premiere Pro. However there is a plugin on Exchange that allows analyzing several clips at once or sequentially: Batch Stabilization Analysis for Warp Stabilizer | Adobe Exchange

This is quite useful to stabilize footage in the background or overnight. It would be nice, if Adobe could add something similar to PP. 

Also it would be great if there was something like this for Morph Cut. As Morph cut also needs an "analyze all" functionality.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2022 Jun 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To batch analyze in PP:

1.) Select all the clips you want to analyze...

2.) Hit delete...

3.) Undo.

...When the clips reappear in the sequence, they will all start analyzing in the background.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines