• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Any resolution on the marker?

Explorer ,
Oct 25, 2023 Oct 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the last week, I've been trying to fix and deal with premiere pro and the marker not moving. The numbers aren't moving either so I don't know where I am in the video to cut where i'm editing. I thought the customer support person fixed it but it seemed to last less than a day and here I am with the same issues. 

I have no idea if the update for my computer ruined how it works, I have a laptop at work where 23 and 24 work perfect so it makes me wonder if it's the update that now doesn't have premiere pro working properly. Has anyone come to a resolution about this. I'm afraid to do system restore since the restore will go back on the date customer support was able to get it working again at least for that short time. 

I'm contacting Dell tomorrow to find out if they can either remove that update or something as I'm already delayed thanks to not being able to edit. 

TOPICS
Crash , Editing , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Community Expert , Nov 01, 2023 Nov 01, 2023

You've got to get the lingo. Are you talking about these two things?

MyerPj_0-1698868191806.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Nov 01, 2023 Nov 01, 2023

OK, be sure to run the Adobe Cleaner after you uninstall the programs and before you re-install them:
Also, reboot your computer between steps even if you are not asked to...

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Dec 16, 2023 Dec 16, 2023

Hey Kevin to answer your question, no....the issue a bit more expensive, it's time for a new laptop. I will keep this one since it can do basic stuff, I don't know it's it worth taking it to Geek Squad and buying a new battery and having it reformted since I stopped saving personal files on my laptop.  My laptop is about 4 or 5 years old. It's an XPS 15. I noticed about 6 months ago while still using premier pro it would freeze up and crash - I would be listening to my playback and when I would

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 30, 2023 Oct 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @MarabelleBlue,

I read your message. I think I understand your issue. A number of others are having a similar problem with Ripple Delete. I am investigating this currenlty, and I hope to make sure the team knows about this and is working on a fix. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks.
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 30, 2023 Oct 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The ripple delete works fine on my end, but that marker and the timer aren't moving at all on my end. which makes it super difficult to edit unless I stop the video and then it lands where I stopped it. I  hope this gets fixed soon. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 31, 2023 Oct 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, then. Is Markers > Ripple Sequence Markers is enabled? Can you check that out?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 01, 2023 Nov 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I could be describing it wrong. It's the needle that moves while a video is playing that matches with the timer so you know where your mark is on the video. That isn't moving. I'm at work so it works on this laptop just fine. My home computer however since a recent update premier pro isn't working right. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You've got to get the lingo. Are you talking about these two things?

MyerPj_0-1698868191806.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I am and thank you as I am new to using this software and can navigate pretty well, however I don't know the name of each tool, but yes both are not working. I appreicate you pointing this out for me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 12, 2023 Nov 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sadly it stopped working again. I am using another laptop but I am using 2023 and not 2024. I feel I've exhausted every option available, including looking up clearing cache and nothing. The indicator just sits there while the video is playing. Don't know what else to do. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 12, 2023 Nov 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin, someone was able to assist, it was the time indictor, it was fixed but then it stopped working again. As the video plays the indictor is stuck in one place and I have no clue where it is on the timeline of the video and has made it impossible to use. I am using another laptop where it seems to be working right now and I'm using 2023 not 2024 as it seems this is where the problem began. I don't know what else to do. It's funny how it works one one laptop but not on another. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 17, 2023 Nov 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @marabelleblue,

I'm checking back in with you. Are you still having problems? Let us know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 18, 2023 Nov 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The current time indicator is still not working. I'm using a temporary laptop since it seems to work there but it does not work on my laptop. I don't know what happened. I did everything PJ Meyer told me to do and it worked the next day it completely stopped. 😩

Hi @marabelleblue,

I'm checking back in with you. Are you still having problems? Let us know.

Thanks,
Kevin

By @Kevin-Monahan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 22, 2023 Nov 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have yhou tried contacting support directly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 22, 2023 Nov 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am going to contact them later today as the past few weeks I haven't had time. Most times they have remote into my computer and that can be time consuming and I want to make sure they have the time they need to resolve the issues. I'll keep everyone posted on the follow up 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 26, 2023 Nov 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any word yet, @marabelleblue?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those are a pretty basic part of the software, as you know. Did you ever uninstall and reinstall? Reset your preferences to default? From the limited description here it seems it needs something heavy handed like a reinstall. You should contact support again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks I'll give it a try. I actually signed up for a premier pro course last week, I'm sure I will learn the lingo in no time. It just so happens when I started teaching myself, I wasn't worried about what anything was called for as long as I knew what I was doing and it was working. Now that it's not working, I need to understand so I can convey what is going wrong. I will uninstall and give that a try. Thanks again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, be sure to run the Adobe Cleaner after you uninstall the programs and before you re-install them:
Also, reboot your computer between steps even if you are not asked to...

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 02, 2023 Nov 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much. I uninstalled last night but haven't reinstalled yet! Super helpful. Thank you again. I will come back and give an update. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 02, 2023 Nov 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MyerPJ you are my hero!!! Thank you immensly. It's working flawlessly!!!!! I am so happy. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 03, 2023 Nov 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excellent!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 16, 2023 Dec 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey Kevin to answer your question, no....the issue a bit more expensive, it's time for a new laptop. I will keep this one since it can do basic stuff, I don't know it's it worth taking it to Geek Squad and buying a new battery and having it reformted since I stopped saving personal files on my laptop.  My laptop is about 4 or 5 years old. It's an XPS 15. I noticed about 6 months ago while still using premier pro it would freeze up and crash - I would be listening to my playback and when I would hit stop it would just keep going and eventually crash - so I can only guage it's my laptop - maybe not so much premier pro since it works perfectly with my work laptop. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 03, 2023 Nov 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Way to go Marabelle! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines