• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ASIO Audio only 2ch stereo out since CC20

Contributor ,
Dec 05, 2019 Dec 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just noticed, that premierepro 14.0  CC20 is routing the audio to an connected asio-audio-device not correctly anymore.

Instead of routing channels 2-8 to the corresponding audiochannels on my audiodevice , it mixes everything to ch 1/2 .

It shows the audiolevels in the trackmixer , as well in the masterlevels correct, but in fact it trasnfers the streams only to 1/2 of the external soundcard.

So, because asio is the only way to get more then 2 audiotracks out we are stuck and cannot use premierepro cc20.

The, luckily still existing old version 13.x on the same machine , same driver, same environment, shows with exact the same project, a proper playout through all channels 1-8.

So it has to be something with this new version 14.0.

Is there anyone who ist using premierepro14.0 with professional audioequipment and asio driver , who can confirm or give us a hint what's wrong. !?

Windows 10

PremierePro 14.0

TOPICS
Audio

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open Preferences - Audio Hardware and confirm that your Input/Outputs are coorect as well as the Output Mapping.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes , of course , I can confirm.

But what precisely shall I confirm ??

The Audiohardware is set, as described, eaxctly the same as is is in CC19 ...in fact it is the exact same project.

AudioHardware ... ASIO --- Intellimix (or something else)

Output mapping for : Adobe DesktopAudio .... all routings correct from 1-8

Playback : AudioDevice : AdobeDesktopAudio

is that correct or what would you recommend to get at least a 4ch audio out via sounddevice ?

Anyone here , that is using premierepro as PRO ..with professional multichannel audio out that works under CC20 ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 06, 2019 Dec 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately I don't have any hardware handy and I can't justify unboxing a Sonnet just to test this... but have you cleared Preferences? Does anything show up in the Event Viewer? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 08, 2019 Dec 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for the repy...

..at least it gives me an idea what to do tomorrow. I will connect a 4i4 Scarlet as well. Id it the same result , the I can clearly prove that it is a bug in CC20.

Yes , I cleared all caches, but honestly , it does not sound like an error by false cachefiles, and i could see /hear the behaviour in a clean fresh CC20 project as well.

The event viewer does not show any significant errors at all.

So, based on the amount of responses , it seems that nearly no one is using premierepro in a professional environment...thought so....  so the problem is not showing up because no one plays out multicannel audio.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting full 5.1 from my ASIO setup.

audio hardware 2020.PNG

CC2020

Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ Richard

thank you for the reply ...top interesting...

in my case it looks exactly the same either with AJA-Kona5 and/or intellimix...

...it behaves inside PremierePro as it would play correctly on all channels ... but in fact everything is going through channel 1and 2 .

Can you hear the sound on your BM-Card through AES/EBU connectors or the HD-SDI embedded stream ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the three AES outputs which feed my Dolby D/A cinema interface.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 09, 2019 Dec 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just had an hour of a adobe-support-session with a very friendly supporter.

We checked everything, and found out , that the problem is independent from the audiohardware and/or it`s asiodriver.

The same probleme occures with a AJA-KONA5.

Only AES-outputs 1-2 are always accessed /no other output is getting sound from premierepro14.0 but from all other programs.

So it is more then obvious that it has something to do with the premierepro version 14.0

@richard  can you really really confirm that you have premierepro 14.0 running with a blackmagiccard in windows10 build 1903 , and you can hear audio coming from channels 1-4 seperately  . Are you using the original BM-drivers or a 3rdparty asio-driver ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 09, 2019 Dec 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just double checked, 5.1 sound playing correctly from the 3 AES outputs.

Desktop video setup 2019.PNGPremiere version 2019.PNGWindows spec 2019.PNG

i9 9900k

Gygabyte Z390

64 Gb ram

GTX 970

BM Decklink 4K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 10, 2019 Dec 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ Richard

thank you very much, I checked everything precisely , and with again additional help of the official adobe-support we found out, that if I try playing back through AdobeAudition, then , with exactly the same preferences , I can play through all connected ASIO-channels (as with all other software).

So, I was told , that for audio, audition is based on the same coreengine.

One assumes, that there has something changed in premierepro 14 in the connection and access from the premiere-UI to the coreengine, which makes it impossible at the moment to access multichannel audiointerfaces , EXCEPT you have a bm 4k card.

Maybe they developed something new which only fits to blackmagicdesign, but not to all other vendors.

We tested now :

Yellowtec

AJA

ASIO4All

all to no avail....only 2 ch playback.

Maybe I find a bm-card the next days and can check it by myself , but at the moment premierepro14 is absolutely useless to us, because we cannot setup a stereo (voiceover) workflow (4ch out - 2ch in ). BM unfortunately does not support fullduplex-playback.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 02, 2020 Jan 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

finally I can 100% confirm that with the current PremierePro 14.0 (CC20) there is definitely NO MULTICHANNEL playback possible.

I baught , based on richard's experience, as well a blackmagic studio4K card.

Result : exactly the same problem as with AJA and all other audiodevices. For more then 2 audiochannel-out you need an ASIO-driver.

But unfortunately in CC20 (Pr 14.0) this interface is corrupted and is always routing everything to channel 1 and 2.

Same computer , same installation , running CC19 everything is fine under every tested card and audio I/O.

I / we wasted now a big bunch of money to check every available I/O-card on the market only to find out, that, as expected , there is a huge bug in CC20, which is not fixed until today....and we even don't know if ever they are working on it.

So, professional multichannel-audio-output via I/O-interface is actually not possible

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 07, 2020 May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am having this exact same issue and it started happening today. I can no longer monitor audio from the two front speakers in my 5.1 rig.

Didi you ever solve this problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines