Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Ask a question about time to export

New Here ,
Aug 11, 2019 Aug 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm new user for adobe.
Wanna ask i queue my premiere pro project to media encoder.

Setting Info ( video range 1 hour )

Capture.PNG

Already active the GPU acceleration.
And the time remaining izzit make sense?

PC performance
i3 6098 p

16GB 2133mhz

gtx 10170 ti 8G GPU

512GB M.2 SSD

1TB HDD storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 11, 2019 Aug 11, 2019

Your machine (CPU) is way underpowered and you are using a spinning drive for media?

Most encoding is done on the cpu.

Hence the long render time.

Adobe Premiere Pro CC System Requirements

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your machine (CPU) is way underpowered and you are using a spinning drive for media?

Most encoding is done on the cpu.

Hence the long render time.

Adobe Premiere Pro CC System Requirements

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your PC is all too typical of a configuration that those people who are graduating from a cheapo consumer video editing program to a more professional-level NLE are configuring their new PCs to. You expected a severely overqualified GPU to compensate for the weakling CPU and the glacially slow working media disk configuration. Well, it does not work that way at all. In fact, I had an i3-6100 before, and it still took about 1.5 times longer to export videos than it did a quad-core i5-6500 of the same CPU generation (and that was with a GTX 960 2 GB card). All i3s of the Skylake generation still had only 2 physical CPU cores. The MIA Bill Gehrke once tested his PC with only 2 cores and hyper threading enabled, running at 3.6 GHz, and found that it took 33 seconds to export MPEG-2 DVD from a 1080p timeline with GPU acceleration enabled (and that's with a single GTX 1060 6 GB card - the very same card that took only 21 seconds to export that same MPEG-2 DVD project in more powerful configurations that he tested). Moreover, in my own personal testing a GTX 1050 Ti (a significantly lower-end GPU than your GTX 1070 Ti), in my own main PC, took 36 to 37 seconds to export that same MPEG-2 DVD project - and my PC's CPU is of an older generation Haswell with a quad-core i7 CPU. This clearly indicates that you have a seriously mismatched and woefully imbalanced hardware configuration.

And I will hedge a bet that had you downgraded to a GTX 1050 Ti or GTX 1650, you would have gotten almost the same overall export time as you currently have been getting with your current GTX 1070 Ti. You are clearly CPU limited in terms of performance, and a sluggish disk isn't making matters any better. You have clearly thrown lipstick on a pig, in this case.

But hey, if your choice of PC at the time that you configured it were between such an imbalanced configuration as what you have or a PC that has a much more powerful CPU but an extremely weak, cheap GPU whose memory throughput is severely mismatched to that of that PC's main system RAM, then I would have gone somewhere else for a new PC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

do not be alarmed. you are a new user to adobe and probably a new user to NLE programs in general. It's perfectly normal to wonder why things are happening ( or not happening ) because that's part of the learning process. So, in general, don't worry. There are lots of smart people here who were starting out a few years ago, like you are now, and had the same questions.

It is true that the hardware ( computer which includes drives and specs of cpu and gpu etc. ) has a huge effect on what you can accomplish with adobe products and how long it takes.

Please be patient and keep making the source material ( to tell your story ) and the nice people here will help you do the best you can with what you have to work with now... and also they can suggest upgrades to your hardware ( computer system ) so it can be faster and better quality outcome.  It takes time to do that cause you have to learn a lot so you can share your info with people better.

Like, what is your source material ? What is your expected 'export' ( final product to upload or watch on computer ). Stuff like that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines