• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio Bugs in 9.1

LEGEND ,
Dec 03, 2015 Dec 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been seeing some bugs with audio in the newly released Premiere Pro 9.1.  The three issues I've seen so far are the last bit of audio being looped after a fade out, where there should be silence.  A Muted track exports with a very loud (0dBFS) noise instead of silence.  And a mono file in a standard track exports without any audio at all.

These issues are occurring on sequences created in an earlier version of PP.  I have not yet tested a new sequence created in 9.1.

The issues occur with H.264, H.265, UT and .wav exports.

Now here's the key.  The issues only occur when exporting through AME, with Import Sequences Natively unchecked.  If I perform a Direct export, no issues.  If I check the Import Sequences Natively box in AME preferences, no issues.

So that's what I have so far.  Anyone else?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 24, 2016 Jun 24, 2016

Seems the issues have been corrected in the latest 2015.3.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jun 24, 2016 Jun 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems the issues have been corrected in the latest 2015.3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 26, 2016 Jun 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think so. I just upgraded to 2015.3 this week, and now I'm experiencing the audio bug for the first time. Any AE composition I export with AME gets a weird audio loop in the last 1.5 seconds.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 26, 2016 Jun 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I never tested AE comps because audio in AE is just...awkward.  I've always found it much easier to do the audio under my AE comps in PP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jun 30, 2016 Jun 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm - never seen this bug until today and that was when I upgraded to 2015.3 - so no I don't think its gone away. Import sequences natively is checked. These seqs were from After Effects not Premiere. AE'

s render Q works fine but is very limited for H264.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 30, 2016 Jun 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These seqs were from After Effects not Premiere.

Like I said, the continuing issue seems like an AE issue.  It's worked every time in PP since 2015.3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jul 02, 2016 Jul 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So lets see - Adobe solves the problem in PP and then introduces it into AE. Do they do any product testing before releasing an update? This is embarrassing. I sent a render straight to Dropbox as a draft preview for a client. They thought there was something wrong with their computer or internet.  My vote - bring back complete functionality to the AE render queue because I trust that, while AME just needs work to be more stable. I've had crashes at the end of renders especially on H264.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 28, 2016 Jun 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Just upgraded to Adobe Media Encoder 2015.3 with After Effects 2015.3

And all my exports have a looping part of the last audio seconds.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 28, 2016 Jun 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working from AE and AME and I'm experiencing the same problem for the first time. And I can't choose to render from AE since Adobe simply left out a lot of format from the native Render Queue. I'm really frustrated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 29, 2016 Jun 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That sounds like a bug with After Effects.  It's working fine now in PP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I put a 2 seconds audio file with silence. Wav format. That solved the problem for now. But as a result; exporting from AE via AME is problemeatic since 2015.3 update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I did was add two extra seconds to the comp length but then made the work area two second shorter (saw it here). That worked for me after hours of trying different things.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2016 Jul 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue with the 2015.3.

This is just F#@% time wasting!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 08, 2016 Jul 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok i am having this issue exactly as described with the looping at the end. It is also occurring with the .mp3 of the same file i am exporting through AME.

I had to go back to 15.2 because i couldn't import my .m2ts files in 15.3

Any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS does anyone know if i take of the fade at the end if it repairs the issue in AME?

I remember having this issue several years ago

I have to use AME as i am editing 6 hours of video every night and it takes several hours to run it on AME and i would be up all night if i had to do this manually with PP

I am at this event for 17 days

I rely on Adobe and they have failed me so much recently

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One more thing

When i first had 15.2 it did not do this

It is only since i upgraded to 15.3 and could not import .m2ts files and then downgraded to 15.2 that the issues started

EDIT: I did a small test and took the exponential fade off the end of the clip and ran it through AME and it still does the loop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Possible work around!

In experimenting i shortened the audio by an additional 10 seconds ( i have ended the audio at the last 5 seconds for the final Title page )...so 15 seconds total and i noticed that the loop was now 12 seconds long instead of 5 seconds. So the loop is as long as the difference between where the audio ends and the last frame of the video track.

So i brought the audio all the way to the end of the video track and made a cut in the audio at around 5 seconds and the looping was gone and the audio cut didn't sound bad...not nearly as bad as the looping

Hopes this helps someone 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The best workaround for me is: don´t leave any gaps within the audio tracks. And if you have some, fill them with some -99 db audio. If you export your film in stereo, there won´t be any audio-loops. But that starts, when separating the audio tracks (e.g. 1+2, 3+4; even worse with paned audio tracks).

I´d love to get rid of this anyone bug; but as long as 2015.3 produces new ones, I´d live with that (and try not to use the Media Encoder)     

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 13, 2016 Jul 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

*****  AE FIX  *****   Well, at least for the time being.  It appears the problem occurs when there is no audio track/layer at the end of a comp. For example, let's say my video clip is 1:50min in length, and I fade to graphics with no audio for 10 seconds.  I get the broken record of audio for 10 seconds.  To work around the bug, I added a layer of video and turned the audio down to -48:00db under the last 10 seconds.  It worked. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

benc25048776 wrote:

***** AE FIX ***** Well, at least for the time being. It appears the problem occurs when there is no audio track/layer at the end of a comp. For example, let's say my video clip is 1:50min in length, and I fade to graphics with no audio for 10 seconds. I get the broken record of audio for 10 seconds. To work around the bug, I added a layer of video and turned the audio down to -48:00db under the last 10 seconds. It worked.

That won't work on a TVC where it is wall to wall audio until the end of the comp. I had a 30 sec audio track. The last 5 seconds was silent and I still got the looping. I'm not sure I understand why Adobe can't just fix what is a serious issue - that was supposed to be one of the benefits of Creative Cloud - you could release fixes (and features)  quickly without having to wait for a major release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked for me just fine!

Thanks 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 20, 2016 Jul 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't believe that this bug is still present. Seriously. Thats the most basic: Rendering Video with Audio. You can't do updates implementing such bugs. This costs a lot of people a lot of time and money.

Just what the dude before my post wrote

"Completely unacceptable."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't believe that this bug is still present.

It's not.  Not in PP at least.  The folks reporting it are talking about After Effects comps.  The AE forum is the better place to discuss those.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim_Simon wrote:

Can't believe that this bug is still present.

It's not. Not in PP at least. The folks reporting it are talking about After Effects comps. The AE forum is the better place to discuss those.

Jim - I think folks end up here because they do a search for the audio looping bug. I think you are playing around with semantics a bit - it is exactly the same bug, and it seems more like a Media Encoder thing than an AE or Premiere issue - doesn't happen if you use the AE render Q. So it is almost certainly an issue with Adobe's dynamic link server and therefore I think it is the same bug.

Probably the best advice is to lodge an issue with Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 25, 2016 Jul 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AE people are showing up here because it is an AME issue.  AE people get the same audio bug.  I did find something that has so far solved a temporary fix.

***TEMPRARY FIX (SO FAR):****

I added 5 seconds to the end of my comp in AE, and then sent/added my comp to AME Queue.  When I open up the Export Settings window in AME I moved the time back 5 seconds. This has worked at least 2 times so far. I could have gotten lucky with no audio errors, but I figured anything is worth sharing at this point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 25, 2016 Jul 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim - I think folks end up here because they do a search for the audio looping bug.

Most likely.  But the bug has been corrected for PP, in which forum this thread is posted.  Folks experiencing the same issue with AE should be posting in that forum, so that others who search that forum will also find it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines