Exit

Audio Ducking not working

Participant ,
Jun 14, 2021 Jun 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Pro V 14.7.0

MAC OS Mojave 10.14.6

I've never had an issue with audio ducking - it's always worked great.  Now it does not adjust the music when it gets to a lower keyframe - even if I drag the keyframe to zero, it will still play music at a high level.  

Is this a bug?  Or have I hit a setting somewhere to disable it?  Keyframes throughout are ignored.  All music and dialog are categorized properly.  

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Jun 14, 2021 Jun 14, 2021

I resolved this.  If anyone else has these issue, here's what I did to bring audio ducking back to life:

• removed all audio clip categories and reassigned them (this is probably what did the trick)

• removed extraneous and muted audio clips from final sequence

• created new project and copied all files into it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,
Jun 14, 2021 Jun 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I resolved this.  If anyone else has these issue, here's what I did to bring audio ducking back to life:

• removed all audio clip categories and reassigned them (this is probably what did the trick)

• removed extraneous and muted audio clips from final sequence

• created new project and copied all files into it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2021 Oct 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had this same problem, and used your solution to resolve while editing. My problem is now that my project is complete- when I go to render the file, the ducking is ignored and my music track is not ducking against diaglogue in the rendered project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is really annoying this is not working. Please Adobe, fix this. At least reply and show that you care.
For me it worked for a few minutes, and now it does not respond to any changes. I've removed, and readded the categories. Nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2022 Jan 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have managed to use auto-ducking just once.  Now Premiere refuses to automatch the loudness of any clips whether it be dialogue or music.  I receive a "not matched - analyzed loudness - xxx LUFS".  The xxx can be any figure (although often it is -1.00).

I see that there have been persistent problems with loudness matching and auto ducking - anyone having more luck than I am?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 12, 2022 Feb 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. I haven't found any solution. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2022 May 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue I have been struggling with for one week. I tried everything possible but still not working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Things that worked for me....eventually.

• Recutting in the audio (not too horrible if using the 'replace' edit)

• Roll through the audio edit and remove as many key-frames as possible, even if the audio ends before they are used.  I just simplified it as much as possible this way, and eventually I got things to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried everything possible but the keyframes aren't generating. No ducking is happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 30, 2022 May 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems there is a ducking issue once again, I just noticed it today. The only way I was able to get it to work was to slide the Sensitivity slider about 3/4 of the way towards the 'high' end, and then it worked. I'll be submitted a bug report on this as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2022 Jun 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you @bryanc31400415 this fix worked for me too. I had even tried exporting the audio to Audition, and had the same result using the ducking function there. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2022 Jun 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this same issue yesterday. I tried all of the suggestions and was not able to make the ducking work. I had to do it all manually. Its unfortunate. 
Adobe, any fix in sight?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2022 Jun 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is insane, once again, Adobe software stopping me from completing a project and causing problems with my clients. I also have this issue, the ducking is completely ignored, if I move the sensitivity up it completely ducks all of the music and does not come back up when there are breaks in the speaking. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2022 Jun 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been struggling with this for the past few weeks, but it still doesn't seem to be resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2022 Aug 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had the same problem today, so it still hasn't been fixed. It's sad, I've been an Adobe advocate for like 30 years but it's getting harder and harder. Every time something like this happens I get pushed to switch to Resolve. It's very frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello jank,

I am so sorry! I have it working here on my test machine. Can you show us a screen capture of the experience you are having? I hope I can help.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Kevin I wish I had time to except your generous offer. I actually did it manually for the first few clips and then decided that I had to go to different software to get the job done today. I will revisit this issue in the future. Thanks again for your offer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2023 Apr 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Common adobe. I'm paying for your software and all of a sudden the auto de-ducking is impossbile to generate. Before it worked perfect. Not doing any different. 

This is deffinately a bug

i see work arounds, which I will try but seems a bug which needs to be fixed by adobe. Would be really nice if they did. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2023 May 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just in case anyone is still having this issue woith v.23, I figured out that if I select the preset "Duck against everything" on the music file, it works.  I couldn't get the music file to recognize the speaking in the track above it (must be our charming southern accents) so I a whim I tried the preset and voila!  Success.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 21, 2024 Feb 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked for me as well. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2023 Jun 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the same problem.  I solved it by making keyframes.  I set my parameters for what I wanted the ducking to do as far as sensitivity and amount, and then I hit generate keyframes toward the bottom.  Worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2023 Aug 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this problem today, I fixed it by linking some missing footage in the sequence, despite having proxies already there. Once I relinked the original high res footage ducking worked perfectly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2023 Oct 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still not fixed. I am going to work with audacity from now on. At least stuff works there. And it's free. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2024 Feb 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Wow... Almost 3 years later, and this is still a problem. Shame on you, Adobe. Anybody else have any suggestions to resolve this? I have tried all of the suggestions on this page so far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines