Exit

Audio Gain FORCING Peak Amplitude Calculation BEFORE input

New Here ,
Dec 24, 2018 Dec 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Calculating.jpg

Adobe Premiere CC 2019

Why are we now forced to have a Peak Amplitude Calculation BEFORE making any selection or input?

On huge projects, this is such a HUGE productivity killer as it takes several MINUTES to complete for a single action that used to be almost instantaneous. If it doesn't take minutes, Premiere Pro CC 2019 just crashes.

I need to be able to input my settings FIRST.

Please remove this forced setting.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 30, 2019 May 30, 2019

This is fixed in our internal builds and will be in the next patch we ship.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 08, 2019 Jan 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thx,

Recommend any changes to the app by filing here: Premiere Pro: Hot (3777 ideas) – Adobe video & audio apps

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 09, 2019 Jan 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to simulate this and it did not process even after I made changes to gain normalise etc.

can you give more info about the edit? Like did you make audio changes before opening gain.

Maybe mine was too quick for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 14, 2019 Jan 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LabspaceCBR  wrote

I tried to simulate this and it did not process even after I made changes to gain normalise etc.

can you give more info about the edit? Like did you make audio changes before opening gain.

Maybe mine was too quick for me.

This happens all the time for me. It was in version 13, then 13.0.1, and now version 13.0.2! Awesome!

I don't think Adobe uses their own software at this point.

I get it by opening a new project, importing GH5 .mov footage (About an hour long clip 1080p 23.98 420 8 bit.). I simply make a 1080p sequence, drag the media into the project, place it on the timeline, select the audio, adjust the gain and then it says calculating for around 1 minute, then eventually figures it out..

I'm on a brand new higher end PC with windows 10. GTX 1080. Intel i9 12 core-24 thread CPU. 32GB Ram. 512GB m.2 SSD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 30, 2019 May 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is fixed in our internal builds and will be in the next patch we ship.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 30, 2019 May 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for posting that, Matt!

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2019 Aug 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has this patch you're talking about been released yet? This is seriously a huge time waste for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 11, 2019 Oct 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's October and my arms are folded and my toe is tapping...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mike,

First,  in this silly new forum software please reply by hitting the blue reply button up top. If you use the reply button by lower posts this blasted software "nests" the reply making it a hint and seek operation to find it.

As to the problem, which version of Premiere are you running in number-dot-number form?

The current is 13.1.5, and should work without this bug.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, sorry about that. I'm on 13.1.5(build 47). If it matters, I'm on an HP Omen running Windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oops I did it again.

Ok, sorry about that. I'm on 13.1.5(build 47). If it matters, I'm on an HP Omen running Windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, this forum software needs a few moderations yet ... so it's cool.

I can't replicate. I wonder what the deal is here.

If you create a new project, add a few things to it, do you get the same thing? Or is it something with this one project?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 12, 2019 Oct 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AHA! It works in a newly created project.  The problem persists in other older projects.  Something is carrying over in the old ones.  Should that be?  Is this a clue to the problem?  Is this even considered a problem?  This reminds me of the old joke...man says 'Doctor it hurts when I do this', doc says 'Don't to that'.  I know how it goes, I was a programmer for 20 years.  There's a tendency to say 'well, it works now, so problem solved'.  Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MIke,

I know how you feel. I am "here" a lot, but also on LiftGammaGain amongst the colorists and others. There are ALWAYS posts about ... "what the Hades? ... " with something odd going on with someone's project. That likely as not goes away when they create a new one, or come back tomorrow, or go have a cup of Joe.

And are then really going ... "What the ... ??????"

One response on LGG a few months cracked me up. LONG thread of a guy trying to sort what had ailed him for a short time. One of the Old Hands said basically ..." you're working away now right? ... Go and sin no more!"

Premiere project files can get corrupt bits in them ... or keep added old meta or something ... and can become a right pain.

It is not unusual to have a project not working smoothly, simply create a new project importing the old one ... and get better performance. Why?

Dunno. But it sometimes works. I'll take that.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is not unusual to have a project not working smoothly, simply create a new project importing the old one ... and get better performance. Why?

Dunno. But it sometimes works. I'll take that.

Yeah, tried that...no dice.   I'll keep after this...and probably drive myself to distraction.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I take it back.  This problem happens in the new version too.  I should point out that for me only the normalize max peak and all peaks are blocked, the others are ok.

Also, once the peaks are calculated, the peak is remembered if the project is closed and reopened, but not if premiere is restarted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines