Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio outsynced with video after import out of folder

New Here ,
Jan 08, 2018 Jan 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Community,

recently I started organizing my clips by dragging them into folders. If I wish to import them later, the audio length always seems to be in its original form, while the video has adapted the cuts i made before

Every help is appreciated!

Thank you,

Cedric
adobeform.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 08, 2018 Jan 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi cedrics81433862,

Sorry for the issue. Is this happening with all the files & projects? Please test with a different file format & project.

And also provide us the exact workflow you are following.

Thanks,

Vidya.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2018 Jan 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Vidya,

It is happening to me with every file and in every project. I start editing videos by importing all of the files into the timeline where I do a rough cut of the files before I category them into the folders.

Screenshot_2.png

Afterwards I delete the clips out of the timeline, so I can organize my clips in the order I need them to be, and drag in the folder into the timeline - there, the issue happens.

The imported clips are always edited on both video and audio.

Thank you,

Cedric

Edit: It also happens on my coworkers MacBook. I'm using windows 7

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I started organizing my clips by dragging them into folders.

Folders exist on the hard drive.  In the project, they're called bins.

Can you clarify where exactly you're moving things around?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are your audio & video linked together?

Based on your screenshot seems like you imported audio and video separately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2018 Jan 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Okay, so I start  by copying my mp4 files from the memory card of the camera onto my external hard drive. Afterwards, I drag the files from the harddrive into Premiere Pro, where I do a rough cut of the files and drag them into several bins, as pictured in the screen at the start. Then, I delete the clips out of the timeline, so I can drag the bins into the timeline and have my clips ordered correctly.

Sometimes I drag only one bin in, other times I drag all of them at once in, it always ends the same way:

The audio is in its original form, the video is cutted. The audio has at no time ever been unlinked from the video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines