Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio pops only in exported video - no audio pop in timeline

New Here ,
Jul 06, 2019 Jul 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all,

I am aware of the zero-crossing problem, and have mitigated that by adding a 2 frame default audio transition between clips that I jump cut (on the timeline the effect is called constant power).

Now when I play the project through the timeline, the audio sounds seamless and amazing, with no popping sound. But when exported, the popping sound returns between cuts.

Things I've tried that didn't help:

- Deleting the audio previews folder before exporting

- Closing Premiere Pro, removing the media cache files, then opening and re-exporting

- Lengthen the audio transition number of frames (from 2 to 6)

- Manually do a keyframe and drop the end of the audio clip to -infinity db

Has anyone encountered issues like this before? Usually just applying the default audio transitions solve all these issues. But for some weird reason, this specific project seems to have problems even after all the above. Can anyone help?

Premiere Pro Version 13.1.0, (Build 193)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 27, 2023 Jun 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

gotta say that 96k sampling for sequence settings should NOT be necessary.   Matching all sampling rates should be sufficient.   It's possible that extremely compressed audio might be part of the problem, but I work with a multitude of different formats and don't see this at all.  That said, if 96k sampling doesn't cause any issues, go for it.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok.. weirdest thing. That didn't work completely. When I made my post I only exported the first 2 minutes of a 18 minute video to test, as there were at least 8-10 pops in the first 2 minutes. They were all gone. When I exported the whole clip , they were all back including the ones in the first 2 minutes. So I split the clip into two parts. A 6 minute video and a 12 minute video. This spot in the video was the easiest to splice back together. Then I imported the two new clips into a new timeline. Then exported the new timeline with only one cut in it at a transition point. No pops in the clip. And I didn't hear one at the transition. Obviouly something is really wrong. This is not a realistic solution. But it gets me through this project that is going live tomorrow. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

please tell us the formats of your audio sources including sampling rate and bit depth and what kind of compression if any.  I'm guessing that that's where the problem resides...  Also, do you have any audio peripheral connected to your system?  If so, try disconnecting it.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2024 Feb 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks!! this worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines