• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio problems

New Here ,
Jun 30, 2024 Jun 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While I was editing my video in Premier Pro as usual, my audio files seems to spontaneously have switched places with each other. Some parts of my video has the right audio with the right clip. In some parts the audio have been completly removed. And in some places the images on the screen belongs to one clip and the audio belongs to another completely different clip that i deleted long ago and is not even close to the first clip. But in the timeline panel (where I have placed my clips) everything looks normal, all clips have the audio they should have, the sound is simply wrong. To make matters more confusing, I have made copies of this film earlier, in case I should lose it. But all these copies have the same problem, even though I have not touched them in a long time. This makes me belive it is some kind of bug in the program and not something I have done wrong. I am a Premier Pro beginner and have only tried turning the program on and of again, an reinstall the 24.2.1 version, which didn't work. Has anyone seen this happen before? I really need some help with what to do now!

TOPICS
Audio , Editing , Error or problem , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 30, 2024 Jun 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone seen this happen before?

By @Elsa38340309je3u

Yes, i have seen it before. Almost all times it has been solved by clearing the media cache files. Launch Premiere Pro while holding down the Shift-key will give you the dialog in the attached image. Check "Clear media cache files" and click Continue.

When you open the project again, don´t do anything until all media has been loaded and conformed. (Watch out for the blue progress bar in the lower right in the UI.) When done, try now and see/hear if the audio still has issues.

Averdahl_0-1719745394926.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2024 Jul 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked! Thank you so much! Do you belive it is safe for me to uppgrade to the 24.5 version again or do you think the problem might appear again? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked! Thank you so much! Do you belive it is safe for me to uppgrade to the 24.5 version again or do you think the problem might appear again? 

By @Elsa38340309je3u

Glad that it worked! 🙂

I always clear the media cache each time i upgrade since upgrading can cause issues. One way to be as safe as one can be when upgrading is to first upgrade > delete media chache and then create a brand new project in the version you upgrade to and then import the project file you are working on into the brand new project. This will leave the original project file untouched, so in case you need to downgrade you still have the original project file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good advice @Averdahl 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines