• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio Syncing Issues in Premier Pro need other methods

New Here ,
Nov 16, 2016 Nov 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Everyone I have been experiencing issues with audio syncing in Premier Pro. Most of the footage of I deal with has been live streamed or recorded using VlC or has been recorded with a video camera. I convert the file from VLC to MP4 or Mov and I still experience audio syncing problems in premier pro. Sometimes I just get a MP4 file and I still have syncing issues in Premier Pro. I tried the windows movie maker method and it fixes the issue so far which is great. I have also tried Handbrake and setting the file to constant frame rate and encoding that file with no luck. What other methods would you suggest for syncing audio in Premier Pro?

Thank You Again!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't you manually synchronize the clips according to audio? Put a marker where the audio is the same then synch those markers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How would I do that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Put a clip in the source monitor, click on audio so only waveform shows. Pick a loud sharp sound common to all tracks. The mark it. Put another clip in the source monitor and do the same thing. Then when processing the multi-camera panel choose the synching method as the markers. This is one way of doing it. I am sure there are other ways.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most of the video's I work on are not shot in multicam would this same method apply?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. The mark should stay with each clip. Highlight the clips in the Project panel and when making a mutl-cam sequence you will be asked how you wish to synch them. Choose "marker". Sorry, I am a bit vague, but I am not at my editing computer right now and am working from memory.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to sound like a broken record your are so very patient thank you again. But in my source monitor I need to find the area's that sync and I put my mark in and mark out on where those area's sync. Than I right click on my time line and choose synchronize with clip marker? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Nov 17, 2016 Nov 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you want to use in + out points that is fine. I prefer just one marker. For example:

1. Load Clip A and Clip B into the Project Panel

1. While in the Project Panel double click on Clip A to put in source monitor: Choose audio view and put a marker (not in/out marker - the [usually] white marker shaped like a home base in baseball) where the sound wave shows a sharp noise. Hint: use + sign to zoom in.

2. Clip B: Do the same as for Clip A, marking it in the same spot as you did for Clip A, meaning put a mark where the audio is the same.

3. In the Project panel choose Clip A and Clip B together (if in Windows, hold the CTRL key down while choosing the second clip). Right click and choose "Create Multi-Camera Source Sequence". Highlight "Clip Marker" (or "In Point" or whatever you chose as your mark) and press Enter (i.e. "OK")

4. You now have a multi-camera video on which you can right click to make "New Sequence from Clip"

5. It should be on your timeline and you should be able to toggle multi-camera view.

Also see: Create and edit a multi-camera sequence in Premiere Pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines