• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio Waveforms in Subclips not showing up in timeline.

New Here ,
Jul 30, 2019 Jul 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some reason whenever I make a subclip there's no audio waveforms showing in the timeline. The waveforms are present in the source monitor, there is sound when you play the clips, but no waveforms show in the sequence. ​If I drop the full clips into the timeline, the waveforms are there. However, none of the subclips seem to have it. I tried a few simple fixes (using Clip > Generate Audio Waveform and Preferences > Audio > Automatic Waveform Generation) with no luck. Somebody save me.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 31, 2019 Jul 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Highlight the clip and try Sequence > Render Audio

This has worked for me in the past with multicam sequences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2019 Aug 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem.  I deleted the peak file for the original audio clip and the program remade it.  The subclips don't have waveforms in the timeline or the source monitor.

I hope Adobe is monitoring this thread and can make a patch available to fix this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And selecting them, "Render Audio" isn't doing anything?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Render audio doesn’t solve the problem. The link to the peak file waveforms for sub-clipped files seems to be broken. This appears to be a bug in the latest version. I didn’t have that problem in previous versions. The audio only files I am subclipping are .wav.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An additional note to add to the madness is that I can see the subclipped audios waveform in the source monitor but not in the timeline. It doesn’t seem to matter what audio track I use in the time line.

Attached is a screen grab of what I’m talking about.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2019 Sep 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this same problem. Try this. It worked for me. When you create the subclip, double check to make sure the box is unchecked for "restrict trims to subclip boundries". Since I did that, the waveforms for the subclips have come back. For subclips that you've already created, double click the subclip to open it in the source window, right click that subclip in the bin and choose "edit subclip", then uncheck the box and the waveform will now work when you reinsert it into the timeline. I could not get the subclip's waveform to return on clips already on the timeline. Hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2019 Sep 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was my first post, and gosh, I really need to change my screen name. I'm really not a screaming egomaniac. Sorry!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2019 Dec 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the work around.  It worked for us.  We had hundreds of subclips that we unchecked the "restrict trims to subclip boundries" and now the waveforms are displayed in the timeline.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 01, 2019 Oct 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem. Audio that has been subclipped will not display waveforms in the timeline, but they do display in the source monitor. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2020 Jan 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. Above suggestions do not correct the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2020 Jan 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found a work around....create new sequence from clip, then copy-paste the audio/video clip from the new sequence to the sequence you were initially trying to work with.

How convenient.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 11, 2020 Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been experiencing this as well and figured out that workaround. I would love for Adobe to address this. as it almost negates the use of subsequences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2020 Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone who has tried the other solutions and it's not working, it turns out mine was just a simple fix of clicking A1 on the left (next to the other A1) and the audio came back!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2022 Apr 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This worked for me when nothing else would.  Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines