• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Auto Ducking just mutes everything

Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2018 Jul 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I was playing around with auto-ducking the music in a short project I'm working on and only just starting, I clicked the "ducking" box on a music clip and was greeted by a heart-attack inducing pop from my speakers that made me think I'd busted my speakers.

After cleaning myself off, I tried playing and while my levels were active, I could hear nothing. I had to quit and restart (turning off the ducking before I did so).

I tried it one more time and while I was prepared for the pop again, it was still very loud and still had the same result.

Anyone else have this same issue? It's not important, but I thought I'd give the feature a try.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 26, 2018 Jul 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not correct behavior, I use this as do many others, and it should work quite clean.

How about ... OS/CPU/RAM, and your hardware sound setup and settings in PrPro ... ?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 27, 2018 Jul 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assumed it wasn't correct behavior. I thought I'd blown out my speakers!

This was on an iMac Pro with 64 GB of RAM and just working off the internal speakers. It's possible the timeline settings are what causes it to freak out as it is a 60 fps project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There was an issue with audio popping on changing something or other a while back, and this sounds like you've managed to invoke that behavior with auto-duck. Don't you feel ... special?

How about a screen-grab of your Audio Hardware settings in the PrPro Edit/Preferences dialog?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2018-07-27 at 10.47.15 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have default input at None, do you still get this?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 30, 2018 Jul 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue. Change it to "no input", turn on ducking, hit play and POP!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 30, 2018 Jul 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not that familiar with the Mac hardware ... or at all, really. So perhaps bringing in Vidya Sagar​ or RameezKhan​ might get some ideas. I can't replicate this.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines