• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Automation Blocks - Multi-Import and Render: Duplicate Sequences instead of Send to AME

Explorer ,
Apr 08, 2024 Apr 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There.

Loving the possibilities of the Multi-Import and Render Properties of Clips from Spreadsheet script. It can be a real game-changer for our Localization work.

Is there any way to modify the script so it makes a new Pr sequence for every language variant, instead of sending it to Media Encoder?

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Apr 16, 2024 Apr 16, 2024

Sure! Attached is the code that exports project files for localization.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 09, 2024 Apr 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Attached you find a script where I removed the block to add to render queue and added a block to duplicate the sequence before creating a new instance.  I didn't test it, yet. Could you let me know if this works for you? As sequence names it uses the colum headers.

I also removed code for the UI to specify the output folder and file naming options.

Screenshot 2024-04-09 at 14.34.59.png

Mathias Möhl - Developer of tools like BeatEdit and Automation Blocks for Premiere Pro and After Effects

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 09, 2024 Apr 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I actually tried nearly the same thing (patting myself on the back).

What you end up with are multiple, identical sequences, with the graphics specified by the last column in the spreadsheet.

This makes sense, it's 'replacing footage' until it gets to the last column, but it's not duplicating the footage. So all sequences have the same footage in them.

I guess it would have to make multiple copies of the footage per-column, and replace them individally per-language.

What would be even BETTER for my workflow is if you could make multiple PROJECTS per column.

This is basically what the original script does when it sends to media encoder, but they go into a TEMP folder with naming conventions you can't control.

It'd be awesome if you could basically do the 'send to ame' thing, which replicates the projects, but gain control over the Premiere project file names and perhaps save location.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 10, 2024 Apr 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, yes, I see.

Then the easiest thing is probably to replace the "Add to AME" block by a Save Project As block, such that for each language you end up with a new copy of the project file.

Mathias Möhl - Developer of tools like BeatEdit and Automation Blocks for Premiere Pro and After Effects

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 10, 2024 Apr 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I'm really close on this. I'm just not getting the file naming quite right.

Because it's 'save as', it's adding each column name (language) to the end of the project file name instead of replacing, resulting in longer and longer file names (and renaming my active project). Easier just to look at the screen grab to see what I mean.

What we need instead of 'save as' is 'save a copy'. Any thoughts?

ProjectNaming.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 11, 2024 Apr 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sam,

this is because at the beginning your project name is 

"myProject"

in the first loop you tell AB: Save it as the current filename + " EN" i.e. "myProject EN"

in the second loop you tell AB: Save it as the current filename (which is now "myProject EN") + DE...

Solution:

Create a new variable, say "original project name" and set it at the very beginning of your project to "project name of active project". Then this variable will contain the text "myProject", for example.

Now in your SaveAs block, you use the variable "original project name" instead of the "project name of active project" block. because, whereas the name of the active project changes with each loop, the variable keeps its original value.

now you tell Automation Blocks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 12, 2024 Apr 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We did it! And now I understand how to use variables more.

One step closer to revolutionizing my Localisation workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 13, 2024 Apr 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great! Would you mind uploading the final code such that other users who might find this thread in the future can use it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 16, 2024 Apr 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure! Attached is the code that exports project files for localization.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 17, 2024 Apr 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing!
I mentioned your variant now also here in the documentation:

https://docs.mamoworld.com/automation-blocks/tools-pr/templateTools/#batch-create-projects

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 17, 2024 Apr 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm honored!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines