• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Autosave file not pulling in project sequence, just media files.

New Here ,
Oct 25, 2021 Oct 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was working on a project yesterday and Premiere crashed. I went to pull up the autosaved files which had four different versions over the course of the few hours I was working on it. I selected the latest time (right before it crashed) and it only pulls in the project media (unedited). There is no sequence showing up in the timeline as though I didn't create anything. I'm new to Premiere and not sure if I'm missing something. It seems strange that the only panel that is populated when I open the autosave project is the project panel with my unedited media files. Any suggestions to gain my project back would be much appreciated!

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you look for the sequence in the Project panel?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, there's no sequence in the project panel. Just the imported media connected to the project. I've check each individual files in the project panel and none of them have my edits attached to them either. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The edit data for each sequence is stored with the seqeunce data, not the clips. So if the sequence is missing, there's no edit data available.

Did you at any time to a 'normal' Ctrl/Cmd-S save action? That seems to be a frequently needed thing to start the save process working correctly for any program. And besides, in general computer use experience, never trust the computer or app's auto-save feature. Always save manually.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines