• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AVI video Audio Lags when playing on TV

New Here ,
Jan 25, 2018 Jan 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AVI video Audio Lags when playing on TV through HDMI but plays all right on computer alone.  How can this be??

Any body have any idea on how I can fix this??

Patrick

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jan 26, 2018 Jan 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Patrick.

Could you give us a bit more detail ? Is the AVI file playing on your computer and then sent through hdmi to your tv, or are you pluggin a usb key in your tv with your file on it?

Also, is the audio played back through the hdmi on tv, or through your computer speakers?

This will help us narrow down the possibilities of what's going on

Cheers,

Seb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Seb. Yes my computer is hooked up to my tv thru a hdmi cable and i am playing the video from my computer. No USB. I just discovered that If I play the audio through computer speakers, the problem is solved. I never realized that some videos played form computer to a tv thru hdmi messes with the audio. 

I created the Video in Adobe Premiere, exported as an AVI file then played it on my computer and hooked it up to my tv for the first time.  I m just glad its not anything I messed up in the choosing of a format or frame rate when creating my video. Phew!!

Patrick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad to know it's working for you.

Just so you know, sending video/audio signal through HDMi to a TV can sometimes have some issues like that.

Because your TV needs to receive a certain kind of information, it is completely possible that your sound card takes time to "reencode" on the fly your audio to send a proper signal through HDMI, but fails to do it in realtime.

Or it could even be the other way around. Maybe your audio is is sent directly to your TV, but an incorrect parameter in the audio data that makes it extra hard for your TV to decode properly !

All the best,

Seb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines