• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Best way to reuse intro/sequence(s) for different projects & videos?

Explorer ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a Youtube intro that I created in after affects/premiere and I am trying to get better at establishing a workflow for reusing elements that will be used in the same series of content.

How do you organize these files? e.g, an intro title sequence that I want to use in the other 12 videos.

(I am afriad that If I export this sequence and reuse the finished file it will degrade the quality by exporting it the second go around)

What's the best way to do this?

Thanks!

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Here are a few different options:

1. Export it as a high quality video file in a master format so that you can re-import it into other projects (there are high quality formats that will hugely mitigate any quality loss)

2. Simply import it into your new project from the last project

3. Duplicate your current project for future versions and just create new sequences within it

4. Similar to 3: Create a template project containing all the assets that you'll re-use in the next videos and start your

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are a few different options:

1. Export it as a high quality video file in a master format so that you can re-import it into other projects (there are high quality formats that will hugely mitigate any quality loss)

2. Simply import it into your new project from the last project

3. Duplicate your current project for future versions and just create new sequences within it

4. Similar to 3: Create a template project containing all the assets that you'll re-use in the next videos and start your project with that template.

5. Create a Production and reuse projects and media that way

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I cannot more strongly go with Phillip's last option ... create a Production within Premiere. It's a completely different way of working, so takes a few minutes to relearn. Productions is a folder-on-disc process for Premiere, so there's a Production file in the actual production folder on disd. Within that panel, which is also a folder on disc, you create subfolders to organize either one project, or for my small shop, our entire year of projects.

Within subfolders named for different parts of your workflow, you right-click/create project. So you use subfolders to house project files that are bits of your total production. So say media from X project is in a folder for that in your organization, imported into a project created in that subfolder.

You can simply drag/drop that media into a sequence in another project ... no duplication of assets, no slow downs ... light and fast.

So you can have folders for your resusable assets like audio files, b-roll, graphics, intros, outros.

Simply grab a clip or sequence of this, drop it onto your current project.

Neil

Using Productions in Premiere Pro

Productions reference pdf

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines