• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Black frames at end of render

Community Beginner ,
Jan 26, 2015 Jan 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm creating 10 second video loops for playback on a website. But when I export the video, it seems to be adding a black frame at the end of the render, so it skips when it loops.

I've created several of these videos just fine awhile back with the same file, and same preferences. The problem didn't start until I updated to CC 2014.

Anyone have any ideas? Am I just missing something in my render dialogue box?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Jan 26, 2015 Jan 26, 2015

Kevin, thanks for you help on this, I think I've figured it out!

When I play the file with VLC, there is no black frame. But when I play it in Quicktime, there is. I think the problem must be in the player and not in the video file, potentially a Quicktime glitch with the H264 codec.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jun 28, 2023 Jun 28, 2023

Hello @Tobiasz23517314g5xu,

To be honest, Avid and Final Cut does this too. The key is to avoid setting the out point using the Playhead as a guide. If you do, go back a frame, then mark out!

Why is it that way?

The Playhead represents an entire frame, which has a head and a tail. It is not a "needle," even though it appears that way when zoomed at a normal Timeline zoom level.

If you zoom way in on the playhead, you can observe and understands why it behaves as such, and why you need to ste

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,
Jun 19, 2020 Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me the issue seems to be in Quicktime, it displays a black frame at the end of the render. When you put the same file in AE it's not there. It's something to do with how AME creates the MP4 files I guess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 23, 2020 Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried most of what I read here and none of it worked.  

I got rid of the black frame ONLY by rendering with USE MAXIMUM RENDER  QUALITY checkbox .

So clearly its a ADOBE BUG, especially when truncating first and last frame in both timeline  and in EXPORT OUTPUT doesn't fix it !!! 

The BUG is related to difference between sequence and output fps and resolution ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if everyone's issue here has the same cause, but for me, it was because I hadn't set the end of the video. This is done two ways: first, I set an Out point where I wanted my video to end, then when I did File >> Export >> Media, it showed me the range of the video that it would render, and the end was the Out point that I set. But even if you didn't set an Out point, you could still adjust where the video ends with the blue slider on that screen.

Again, this may not be the cause of everyone's issue, but that's what worked for me. (This may be obvious for some, but I'm new to Premiere.)

Hope this helps someone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem still exists in pp 2021 for some clips (no pattern)-- but I have found something that so far, works consistently.  In warp stabilizer, uncheck the fast analysis under advanced.  It takes a little longer to calculate, but has fixed the black frame at the end-- and the render error, for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Eurika! This has been drivig me mad. I was a bit overwhlemed with eveyones solutions as I've been teaching myself over the past year to make online courses.

I've just solved it for me and it's so SIMPLE. 

When I set my in and out to exatly the length of my sequence it adds one black frame at the end of my export.

Instead I've dragged my last image/clip to be longer. 
When I exported I have been seeting it set to 'sequnec in and out' .

Instead I dragged the triangle to reset the out to the point when there wasn't a black end screen.

Problem solved at last! 

Hope that helps somone. 🙂 

Adobe Premiere Pro black end screen 1.jpgAdobe Premiere Pro black end screen 2.jpgAdobe Premiere Pro black end screen 3.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 12, 2022 Jul 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Michelle and Community,

Try Source Range > Entire Sequence. Michelle, you had it set to Custom and Sequence In/Out.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 18, 2022 Jul 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. That's what I had been doing. I was trying it that way to see if it worked instead. Neither made a difference. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2023 Jun 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin,
Hope you have a great week so far.
Can I ask you why Adobe doesn't fix this issue of adding an extra frame when setting an outpoint?

It happened to me multiple times when I assume that by skipping to the end of clip I set the output at the end of clip then forget adobe adds an extra frame. During broadcast rehearsal we end up going back to editing suit because of this.  I've made this mistake enough times to learn but still when deadline is pressing and pressure is high it can still happen. 

What is the reason of adding an extra frame? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Tobiasz23517314g5xu,

To be honest, Avid and Final Cut does this too. The key is to avoid setting the out point using the Playhead as a guide. If you do, go back a frame, then mark out!

Why is it that way?

The Playhead represents an entire frame, which has a head and a tail. It is not a "needle," even though it appears that way when zoomed at a normal Timeline zoom level.

If you zoom way in on the playhead, you can observe and understands why it behaves as such, and why you need to step back a frame when using it for marking out on a clip. It becomes a habit after awhile.

This is a "gotcha" that was taught to me in trade school when I learned Avid in the 90s. If you didn't take Avid 101, or a similar intro class, most editors have a "smack my head" moment the instant they discover that they've been mistakenly trimming off the head of the incoming frame of the following clip for years! 🙂

Actually, Avid has this feature where you can hold down the Ctrl/Command key to snap the playhead to the tail of the final frame of a clip, rather than the first frame of the incoming clip (and perhaps Premiere Pro should also have this feature). Otherwise, it's the nature of the beast and the way the Playhead is designed across every NLE I've ever used on the market.

When marking a clip rather than the last frame of the sequence, use the Mark Clip function instead of using the Playhead to mark Out. It sets a mark out as you'd want it to be.

Hope the info and the context helps.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a great insight thank! Learning every day. 
That extra button would make a huge difference.
When rendering just RGB channels it's all fairly easy to spot but it is disappointing that Adobe doesnt treat empty timeline as empty alpha. If end graphic opens the alpha that one frame can very sneaky 🙂
I feel like Adobe is sometimes gaslighting editors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2023 Oct 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

FCP does not end with a black frame. You can export a sequence without an in or an out and there will be no black frame at the end of the exported file. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2021 Dec 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another thing to try which was messing me up was for some reason if the last frame of your video is in a nested sequence, it messes it up.  Sorry this isn't a technical explanation- but removing the nesting and switching to the same data just not nested fixed my problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not nested, or not my understanding of nesting! I may being being dense. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 12, 2022 May 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it is the Quicktime player. If you play the video and see an extra black frame, try playing viewing in Full Screen mode, it does not show a black frame at the end. Weird. However, if you scroll back and then forward, there is an extra black frame!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've heard a few people say that. Perhaps that's just it then. So annoying!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 05, 2022 Dec 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what i usually do is, 
1- open the video in quick time

- go to edit and trim ( remove one frame from the end )

- save

problem solved. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2023 Jan 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thats not scaleable....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines