• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Black screen when trying to add clips to timeline

New Here ,
Apr 03, 2019 Apr 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm looking for advice on how to fix this issue. I have created a new project in Premiere Pro CC 2018 v 12.1.1 (I can't download the newest update until I get my company's IT department to install it for me) and when I try to select a video file from my media browser and drag it onto the timeline, my screen goes black and then comes back in about 2 seconds and my mouse has jumped from the browser to the centre of my screen. I can select jpg images from the browser but cannot select mov files.

I'm running Windows 7 Enterprise (waiting for the company to upgrade), dual processors at 2.40 GHz, 64 GB RAM, NVIDIA Quadro P2000 video.

I'm thinking that I need to upgrade my OS and Premiere Pro, but are there any other fixes?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 03, 2019 Apr 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My recommendations are:

1. Upgrade your hardware.  A single Intel 8700 will likely outperform your dual CPU's.  A 2000 series GTX card is also best.

2. Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro

3. Install GeForce Experience and choose the Creator Ready Drivers update option.

NVIDIA RTX GPUs, Creator Ready Drivers Supercharge Creative Apps | NVIDIA Blog

4. Upgrade to Premiere Pro 13.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 05, 2019 Apr 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi cbrne_medic,

Sorry to hear that you are facing this issue. Please try to switch the Renderer to Mercury Playback Engine Software Only and check if it's working properly (FAQ: How to change the Video Renderer in Premiere Pro? ). Also, please check if you have any new update available for your GPU drivers (Download Drivers | NVIDIA).

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines