• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Broadcast metadata IE V-chip, Rating, custom schemas

Engaged ,
Aug 03, 2018 Aug 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see any existing schema's that include this data, and if I create a custom schema, none of that data seems to come across during export to MXF.

This is mandatory data for broadcast in Canada, and we currently use other finishing solutions to accomplish this.  We end up rendering out of AME as a mezzanine file to be re-encoded in other software.  Not our desired workflow.

Surely I'm missing something.  Shouldn't Adobe be able to finish assets directly for broadcast?  How are others accomplishing this?

I've even gone down the road of using ffmpeg and exiftool to try to write the data required after the file as been encoded, but with little success.

Adobe chat "support" was, again, a waste of time and simply told me to file a feature request.

Before I do this---Premiere really can't accomplish this at the moment?

Really?  Chat support assures me that ACP members will be drawn to my post and provide the information Adobe simply doesn't have.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 29, 2018 Oct 29, 2018

Hi CloudDisaster,

A quick query from our staff indicates that this is a feature request. I can make a feature request for you internally, but you should also create one on user voice here: Premiere Pro: Hot (2978 ideas) – Adobe video & audio apps

Really sorry about that.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you got a general chat person they have no specific training in the video apps and their assistance is often not helpful.

Which is why Product Support Manager Kevin Monahan always tells people to ask for the video queue when going to Adobe chat or phone help.

Which the general support people should offer as an option.

Kevin-Monahan  ... could you pop in here?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Clearly I don't frequent the forums enough--the existence of a "video queue" is news to me!  No amount of begging to be transferred to a more knowledgeable tier/department got me anywhere.  Now at least I know the magic words...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea, what a pain, right? Hope Kevin pops in, or someone else that would have a more knowledgeable answer than I can do for this.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 07, 2018 Aug 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are there any other editors out there who handle the inclusion of ratings metadata for broadcast?  No one seems to know what I'm talking about.  Hmmmmmm...perhaps a feature request is in order...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 29, 2018 Oct 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, so I've contacted video support and they're stumped.  They've escalated it and hopefully I'll hear back.

Kevin-Monahan , here is exactly what I need (running a trial version for illustrative purposes):

v-chip.png

Telestream offers the "Canadian English Language Rating System" in several of their offerings.  Where is this functionality within Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CloudDisaster,

PM me your case number and I'll check it out for you.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi CloudDisaster,

A quick query from our staff indicates that this is a feature request. I can make a feature request for you internally, but you should also create one on user voice here: Premiere Pro: Hot (2978 ideas) – Adobe video & audio apps

Really sorry about that.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Kevin-I'll do that.  Please push it internally as well. 

Posted here:

Premiere Pro Closed Captions to support V-Chip / MPAA / "Canadian English Language Rating System" – ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines