• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

BUG PPro 13.0.1: Export ignores Lumetri Effects using Media Encoder

Contributor ,
Nov 02, 2018 Nov 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just discovered that today's version 13.0.1 has a new bug.

Exporting a project using Media Encoder, completely ignores Lumetri Color Correction.

My timeline is "as shot" without any correction applied.

If I export the same timeline straight from Premiere, the export is fine.

Bravo Adobe!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 02, 2018 Nov 02, 2018

1. Applying a custom LUT (as in first example) requires the LUT to be also copied in AME's folder. Not only on Premiere's folder.

This is not documented by Adobe and it should be.

Are you using custom/personal LUTs/Looks stored in the program package files for PrPro/Me?

If so ... do not. That only worked for the first major version of Lumetri, and since then has been a troublemaker.

A year ago, they came out with a location to place your LUTs/Looks in, that is referenced by all three apps (Ae, PrPro

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have to ask: did you update both programs?

Mac or Windows?

Cannot reproduce on Windows

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on Windows. Only Premiere was updated. Media Encoder didn't popup any updates.

After playing a little bit, trying to figure out what's happening, it seems that Media Encoder completely ignores Input LUTs.

Creative LUTs also translate wrong when using Media Encoder. No issues when exporting straight from Premiere.

I did check, if Display Color Management is the reason for that, but it is not as it also happens with DCM off.

Could you try it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is an update for AME also.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't notice that. I'm on AME 13.0.1. So I guess I'm updated.

Just checked one more time after restarting and dumping my AME settings. Same problem.

Have you actually tried applying a LUT as Input or Creative and check your output?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes i put both on a clip.

Is this a project from 2018?

Try making a new project and import this one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just did. Same wrong output.

Exporting the same timeline with AME, while having any LUT applied is problematic.

The image is noticeably flatter than original.

This is the same export dialog in Premiere and AME.

PREMIERE PRO 13.0.1

premiere1.PNG

AME 13.0.1

ame1.PNG

I've also tried new footage on new project with the same results using ALEXA_DefaultLogC2Rec709 LUT.

PREMIERE PRO 13.0.1

premiere2.PNG

AME 13.0.1

ame2.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thing I've figured it out.

It's actually a combination of 2 problems.

1. Applying a custom LUT (as in first example) requires the LUT to be also copied in AME's folder. Not only on Premiere's folder.

2. If you enable DCM on Premiere's preferences, there is a small color inconsistency on AME's preview window (as seen on second example). I did checked however that the exported video has the correct color by importing it back to Premiere.

So for me DCM should be off unless you work on a P3 monitor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've always been wary of adding my own LUTs to Premiere's folder after I had issues where I realized Premiere wasn't picking the LUT by its name but rather by its place in alphabetical sequence when reopening a project. Having added my own LUTs, it adjusted the number and position in the alphabetical sequence and projects were opening with the wrong LUTs. So now all custom LUTs reside in a folder in Dropbox and I hit browse every time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using custom/personal LUTs/Looks stored in the program package files for PrPro/Me?

If so ... do not. That only worked for the first major version of Lumetri, and since then has been a troublemaker.

A year ago, they came out with a location to place your LUTs/Looks in, that is referenced by all three apps (Ae, PrPro, Me). Follow the following chart, with locations for both Mac & PC. You need to create the 'final' folders for Creative and Technical.

The lists are sorted alphabetically across the internal folders and these folders, and all show up that way in the drop--down list in Lumetri's Basic (Technical folder) and Creative (Creative folder) tabs. Which is useful if like me, you rarely use any of the included ones, but regularly use your own.

Neil

Lumetri LUTs Looks Findable Locations.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Absolutely,

Create a custom LUT directory in your common folder as Neil mentioned above.  This is the supported recommended workflow.

Many other issues will pop up if you're adding LUTs inside the Premiere Pro program folders / package.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for pointing this out.

I completely forgot that you should copy the LUTs on a common folder.

Before I reinstall the suite I had them in the right place, but somehow when I install everything again, I was misdirected by a bad article when I did a quick google search for the path.

Thanks for the rescue!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I interpreted you workflow wrong the first time but yes I can reproduce with custom luts

first on is Pr, second one AME.

pr.png

ame.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines