Copied

How do I burn a DVD using premier pro cc 2020

TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jun 08, 2020 Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't author a DVD in Premiere. Adobe used to have Encore as its DVD authoring program. Due to legal issues it no longer offers the program. Your best bet is to search the Internet for DVD authoring programs. You can also search this forum as there have been some discussion about software programs for authoring DVDs. I sitll use Encore, but there are others. Search this forum for DVD software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cyberlink Power2Go 13 has a free demo version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What OS are you running?

Are you looking to just craetea play only DVD or do you need menus, subtitles, audio commentaries, etc.?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 09, 2020 Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mainly play

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running MacOS Catalina

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apple Compressor has a burn disc option for DVD or Blu-ray.

You would export an edited master from your Sequence and then add the resulting movie to Compressor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 02, 2020 Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cannot believe this - Started having trouble with Final Cut Pro exporting a DVD, so since I've got CC on my computer I figured I'd try to burn a DVD from Premiere only to find that there is no DVD burning program included with the suite. This doesn't make sense to me - for Adobe to not have a DVD authoring program bundled with their video editing programs. For a subscription service as expensive as adobe products not to have all the tools you need in one place is more than a little frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Oct 02, 2020 Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JFLemomg,

Welcome to the club. Adobe could make some big bucks if they created a Blu-ray authoring progam. No Encore in 2020 but we do have Rush which I never use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Makes little sense to say there are legal issues having a dvd authoring program when many other companies provide one. Sad to see Encore go, I've used it with my CC membership (which is expensive), I hope they bring something soon BluRay/DVD etc authoring

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi POPLI5C19:

There are licensing fees with DVD-Video and BD-Video.  Any software publisher with software that authors either would behave to pay the fee for their software title to support authoring.

If I remember correctly, the fee for being able to submit DVD-Video titles to a replicator is $5,000 per year.  If as a producer you don't have that, the licensing structure allows the replicator to to collect a one-time fee for that replication run - increasing the cost.

If you're interested in knowing more about DVD-Video, I highly recommend DVD Demystified by Jim Taylor.  https://www.amazon.com/DVD-Demystified-Third-Jim-Taylor/dp/0071423966

Some DVD-Video authoring is still going on, but it's nothing like it was a decade ago.  For better or worse, it's highly unlikely that Adobe will bring Adobe Encore or anything like it back.

-Warren

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

>Sad to see Encore go

Parts of Encore were licensed from another company... when that company withdrew the license, Adobe could not continue to develop & sell Encore after CS6... and Adobe has clearly decided that writing a new program is not worth the effort

Using a different code base, the Windows version of Premiere Elements 2021 will write a DVD... but not a BluRay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines