• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can i change the fps in a video clip before importing it in the timeline? (Premiere Pro CC 2018)

Explorer ,
Jul 14, 2018 Jul 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's what i want to do: i am modifying a video and i need 60 fps to get more ''space'' to work in the timeline.

Here's my problem: the base video that i want to import in the timeline is a 23,976 fps

Clip Details:

MPEG

1,04 GB

1920 x 808

23,976 fps

48000 Hz - compressed- Stereo

01:44:55:17

variable frame rate

When i put the clip in the timeline i would like to convert it to 60 fps whitout speeding up the video

How do i change from ca.24 fps to 60 fps?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Jul 14, 2018 Jul 14, 2018

If the audio must be synchronized, the first thing to do is generate a sequence that fits your file, you can do it in the same project panel, right click, and select "New sequence from clip ", here Premiere must maintain synchronization , if it does not, convert at constant frame rate with handbrake and skip this step.

Then, create a sequence of the same resolution but at 60 fps and enter the 24 fps sequence or the converted file, select to keep the configuration if the poster appears asking you.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As it has variable framerate I would use HandBrake to convert to 60 and constant framerate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to convert videos like that directly in Premiere?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes you can but variable framerate might be an issue.

But you can test it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok thanks but...how?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But how what?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only way to do this transparently is to use an external vector motion conversion facility.  You can do it it Premier using the Media encoder, but you will get motion artifacts

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i need 60 fps to get more ''space'' to work in the timeline.

What exactly does that mean?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think your question is fundamentally confusing people, so it's best to start doing what you want, and get advice, one step at a time.

For example, the first thing you want to do is put your footage into PPro. ( make a project that matches exactly what you have as source).

I assume it's a TYPO that your source is 1920 x 808.

So, that's the first step. See if you can even GET your project and sequence started in PPro.

AFTER THAT, look at what you have and make decision about how you want to adjust it.  This might require transcoding BEFORE you import to PPro, but at this point we have no clue if that is necessary.

AFTER you put your new project together, you will have lots of info to ask questions about how to CHANGE IT.

: )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok first of all, I apologize.

I am not an expert of these softwares, I'm still learning.  I tried to put as many information as possible but I did it quickly, forgetting to put myself in the shoes of an eventual reader.

I'll describe you exactly my situation:

I have a clip from a Disney animated movie, which is exactly 23,976 fps and no, that was not a Typo, resolution of the clip is exactly 1920x808. ( I really do not know why)

I've already started a Pr project in which I did put the clip, but, during the editing process I noticed that the frames availeble to work with were really too few.

I couldn't put together the effects that i wanted to without making it look/sound crappy.

What i essentially need is to work in the timeline with 60fps and i'd like like to know how and if is it possible make it completely inside Premiere Pro (or Media Encoder or After Effects)

And, with make it i mean convert the original 23 fps to a 60 fps or obtain my extra ''frame-workspace''  in any other way. (preferably in Pr)

Thank you all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your best option is to work with some original material shot at 60 fps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to what I know Disney animated movies are all around 24 fps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 15, 2018 Jul 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to what I know Disney animated movies are all around 24 fps.

That's why I recommended using original material.  Shoot your own footage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the audio must be synchronized, the first thing to do is generate a sequence that fits your file, you can do it in the same project panel, right click, and select "New sequence from clip ", here Premiere must maintain synchronization , if it does not, convert at constant frame rate with handbrake and skip this step.

Then, create a sequence of the same resolution but at 60 fps and enter the 24 fps sequence or the converted file, select to keep the configuration if the poster appears asking you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2024 Apr 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How to translate it from fps to gif or pdf

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 06, 2024 Apr 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Andrew36565818b8gx 

I don't understand your question.

Please say it in another way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines