• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

can i get rid of a hair that was in the camera gate with Premiere Pro?

Advisor ,
Oct 16, 2017 Oct 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made a film many years ago where a single hair was unbeknownst to me in my camera gate.  The film is a single static shot of 19 mins.  I would either like to remove the hair for the whole film or at least for an approximately 1 minute excerpt.  Is this something I can do with Premiere Pro CC or is it more of a digital effects type thing that is beyond PP's capacity?  Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 17, 2017 Oct 17, 2017

Here is a fast demo - you'll need to adjust the feather of the mask and move the base layer as little as possible. Depending on the motion in the frame, you may be able to get away with this technique:

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Post a frame grab.

Should be easy enough...and even easier in After Effects

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply.  It's in the bottom right corner.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After Effects has the same Clone Stamp tool from Photoshop.  That should do the trick for a static shot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Oct 17, 2017 Oct 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh well, that's an additional $20/mo.and a commitment of one year.  I was hoping (but did not expect) I could accomplish this without having to spend more money.  Thanks for answering the question though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can do a kind of fix in Premiere if the hair is static and does not move. If it is moving around then After Effects is the way to go.

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that's great - can you give me a little more info on how/what tool I should use to accomplish this?  Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a fast demo - you'll need to adjust the feather of the mask and move the base layer as little as possible. Depending on the motion in the frame, you may be able to get away with this technique:

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, that is fantastic, thank you.  One question:  the video is playing inside the reply box and is only about a third of the size of the box, which is probably about half the size again of the viewport.  The controls you reference at PP are tiny.  Is there any way to see this on Vimeo full screen?  I'm not seeing a link or "full screen" option which would blow this up for me.  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2017-10-17 at 3.30.53 PM.png

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

oops - yes of course.  I'm so grateful for your help.  Many thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines