Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can not import a 120fps video

New Here ,
Mar 05, 2018 Mar 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I am trying to import a adobe premiere file from a gopro hero 6, shot in slow motion, so in 120fps. When I open it in with windows media player there is no problem, I see the video in slowmotion (and with the sound at normal peed). But when I open it with adobe premiere, I have only the sound and I don't see any video.

How can I import the video on adobe premiere to have the entire video and not only the sound ? I understand that the file is too eavy to be read at a regular speed since it's 120fps, but so far I can not even read it in slowmotion.

Thank you very much for your help,

Agathe

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 09, 2018 Mar 09, 2018

CS6 does not support HVEC.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,
Mar 05, 2018 Mar 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmmm this is odd as it should have no problem importing the file. What version of Premiere are you running? One workaround is to download Handbrake and re-encode it, making sure to choose a Constant Frame Rate and to match the frame rate as well so that you dont lose the large FPS by accident. I gotta imagine that would work. You can also post a sample file here if you get a chance because I be curious to see if it's your system vs the file!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 07, 2018 Mar 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 07, 2018 Mar 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Agathe - Yes, that is super strange (I second Jason!). I'm curious though, can you only hear the sound and no image when you open it up in the source panel or when you drag into a sequence in the timeline? Or both?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2018 Mar 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thank you all for your answers.

premieregal​ I can only hear the sound and no image when both in the source panel and a sequence.

jasontcox​ I have the version CS6.

I tried to open my files on my friend's computer who has the latest version of adobe premiere. A message appeared saying premiere can not open this file, and if I want it to be able to open it I have to download the HVEC Codec. So I did it and then it worked. So I will try to download the same codec on my computer and see if it works !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to Premiere Pro CS6 & Earlier​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS6 does not support HVEC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, unfortunately, you are running a pretty old version of Premiere Pro (5 versions old) and the HEVC/H.265 codec is relatively new and as Ann mentioned, won't be supported by CS6. Sadly, even if you manually install the HEVC decoder, it's unlikely to perform in any usable way in CS6, if at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines