• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't airdrop premeire pro 18 projects to iphone, help.

New Here ,
Jan 07, 2018 Jan 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finally made a project on premiere pro 18, followed the export settings from this YouTube video: Best Export Settings for YouTube - Adobe Premiere Pro CC - YouTube and was able to export and upload my video to YouTube just fine.  But I went to Airdrop it to myself from my Mac (version 10.13.2) to my iPhone (version 11.2.1) and got an error message "Failed to save item. Save to iCloud instead" but I can't even find it in my files there. The file's not too big as I was able to Airdrop a 1.43 GB video made in iMovie no problem.  Any help on where I could be going wrong?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have iCloud Drive? If so, try saving it there on your Mac, then find and open it in your Files app on your iPhone.

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, yes I did but it isn't showing up in my Files on my iPhone.  I also attempted to Dropbox it to myself but when I go to save the video it says "Sorry, this type of video cannot be saved to this device."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What kind of file is it? Is is the same file you uploaded to YouTube?

What codec are you exporting in?

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2018 Feb 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is also an issue for my video department where I work.  Is this going to be resolved?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2018 Jan 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue, I'm exporting using H264, 30fps, .mp4, a 16x9 aspect ratio and i can't get it to work via dropbox, adobe cc, or air drop. I must be missing something

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2019 Dec 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey! Did you get any solution to this? I am facing the same issue. And have been struggling to find the right solution. Please help.

Thanks. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2020 Apr 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i had the same problem that error message "failed to save item" ...  but this is what worked for me

file - export - media 

adjust the settings how you want 

and then press queque instead of export. 

media encoder will open. select (click once) your video and then press the green play arrow in the top right. 

once its done it will say done and you can click output file name in blue to open your video

and from there you should be able to air drop it. 

lmk if it works for you like it has for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines